My recipe for Banana Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is so incredibly delicious and easy to make! It comes out moist and cakey and holds up well to a smear of butter. It seriously only lasted a few hours out of the oven before it was devoured.
Fall weather is here and nothing says cozy rainy day like a warm bread and of course, all things pumpkin.
I personally love this time of year when it’s no longer too hot outside to turn on the oven and bake! This Banana Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread recipe is quick to make and will fill your house with an amazing aroma. Some of my other favorite fall baking recipes are Pumpkin Spiced Cookies, Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding, and Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Recipe Ingredient List:
- Pumpkin Puree – use puree not pumpkin pie filling as they are not the same.
- Bananas – use bananas that are spotted brown and soft to the touch for the best flavor and blending in the batter.
- Unsalted Butter – room temperature butter is necessary. If you use salted butter, 1/2 the salt in the flour mixture.
- Sugar – this recipe calls for white granulated sugar, but you could use light brown sugar for a deeper flavor.
- Eggs – large eggs at room temperature.
- Flour – all purpose flour that is spooned into the measuring cup and leveled.
- Spices – this recipe calls for Pumpkin Spice that you can make or purchase premade spice blends like this one.
- Chocolate Chips – semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks are optional, but chocolate always makes life better.
- Vanilla – use a good quality vanilla extract.
- Baking Soda – use the freshest baking soda possible to prevent deflated bread.
- Nuts – walnuts or pecans are optional but will make this Banana Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread even tastier.
Find the printable recipe with exact measurements and instructions below.
How to Make Banana Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well to combine. Sift the dry ingredients together and add them to the butter mixture mixing well. Add bananas, pumpkin, and vanilla and stir well. Add in chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
Pour into a buttered loaf pan and bake 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Turn onto a wire rack to cool. This is the hard part because you’re going to want to cut into it, but wait as the bread is still cooking and you don’t want it to be gooey in any way.
Tips for Storing Banana Bread
- Storing – wrap in plastic wrap or store in a zip top bag.
- Reheating – microwave in short time spurts, like 15 seconds.
- How to freeze – wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in a zip top bag in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Other Fall Recipes
Here’s a quick list of other fall favorite recipes from Farmgirl Gourmet
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Roasted Pumpkin, Gala Apple & Garam Masala Soup
- Mustard Crusted Chicken over Quinoa & Roasted Pumpkin Salad
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Chorizo Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Easy Lasagna Muffins
Banana Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature, plus more for buttering loaf pan
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, beating well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and combine with the butter mixture. Blend well. Add the bananas, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Stir well. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using, and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour & 10 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to rest until cooled.