Cookies. One of my favorite things to make. During the school year, my daughter and I make a batch of cookies every sunday. We load up the cookie jar for the week of lunches ahead. Every week is a new cookie and some of the old tried and trues (hello classic chocolate chip). The kids love adding a homemade cookie to their lunches and Dad loves sneaking one after everyone’s hit the sack.
These double chocolate chunk sea salt cookies are super easy to make and are loaded with chocolate chunks and sprinkled with a little sea salt for flavor. They are low in sugar and full of chocolatey flavor. I swapped out the regular white sugar in this recipe for Truvia Baking Blend and you won’t even know the difference. They are perfectly sweetened and incredible delicious. Whip up a batch for your favorite persons lunch box, or keep them all for yourself. You may just want to double it and do a little of both.
Double chocolate chunk cookies with sea salt are made using Truvia Baking Blend which lowers the sugar by 75%. Easy skinny chocolate cookies.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate chunks or chips
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer with the paddle attachment, add the butter and Truvia Baking Blend. Beat on medium-high until well incorporated. Add the eggs one and a time mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix to combine. Gradually add the flour mixture until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Scoop by tablespoons only prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle each with a pinch of sea salt. Bake 9-11 minutes. Repeat with any remaining cookie dough. Cool and enjoy.