Line a large muffin tin with papers or conversely you could spray them with cooking spray. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and get out 2 small cans of refrigerated biscuits.
Cut each biscuit in half and roll in a ball.
Roll the balls in the sugar mixture and then place them in the prepared muffin tin.
In a small saucepan melt 1 stick of butter. Yes it’s true, these are not diet food. :)
I added about 7 balls to each muffin cup.
Top each with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. See…definitely not diet food. But oh my….tasty!
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of butter over each and then separate the remaining butter between the 6 muffins.
Ready to hit the oven! 350 for about 20-24 minutes. Big muffins take time. If you chose to make smaller muffins, adjust the time accordingly.
Zest 1 orange and chop up coarsely. Add the zest and 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice to 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and whisk to combine.
Shhh…I may have had a few spoonfuls of this.
Drizzle the glaze over the cooked muffins. Resist eating them straight from the oven. Ouch!
A quick take on the classic Monkey Bread only in muffin form. Drizzle with a fresh orange glaze and you have breakfast in no time.
- 2 small cans of biscuits, cut in half and rolled in balls
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- zest of 1 orange, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a large muffin tin with papers and set aside.
- Cut the biscuits in half and roll into balls. In a small bowl mix the white sugar and cinnamon together. Toss the biscuit balls in the sugar mixture and layer in the prepared muffin tin. Top each with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and spoon a tablespoon of butter over each muffin.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together with a whisk and pour over each muffin.
- Tear into them and enjoy!