Today’s post is part of my monthly participation in the Secret Recipe Club. If you don’t know what it is and you’re a food blogger, you should definitely check it out.
The blogosphere is ginormous. There are food bloggers all over the world that you may never hear about in your normal circles. Being a part of The Secret Recipe Club opens those doors near and far. You may remember the Curried Carrot & Apple Soup from a fellow food blogger from the UK called Lavender & Lovage.
Well today’s deliciousness comes from La Bella Vita. If you haven’t heard of this food blog and you are a lover of all things Italian – then you better stop right now and click that link. Delicious food awaits you!! I had an incredibly hard time finding a recipe to make from her blog. Everything looks amazing. I had just bought a giant box of strawberries, so this quick and light recipe spoke loud and clear. I hope you will pay La Bella Vita a visit and show her some Farmgirl love. Then come back here and make this gorgeous salad. You know you want to! :)
Spring Salad with Strawberries, Bacon & Blue Cheese – Secret Recipe Club
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- pinch of paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoon minced red onion
- 10 oz. fresh mixed 'mesclun' or spring lettuce or baby spinach
- 1 quart strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1 - 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh bacon, fully cooked/browned and then chopped/crumbled
- With a mason jar, shake together the honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce; dry mustard, salt, pepper, and red onion. Blend well until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, chopped eggs, almonds, crumbled cheese, and bacon.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad, and toss.
Recipe courtesy of www.farmgirlgourmet.com. Reprinting without permission is unethical.