Are you looking for a last minute Super Bowl recipe? Look no further! This is a super quick appetizer that is packed with flavor, creamy avocado and whole cooked shrimp. Serve it with homemade tortilla chips or store bought – whatever strikes your fancy!
This recipe calls for Meyer Lemon juice, but if you don’t have them, lime juice will suffice. You can really doctor this recipe to your hearts content by adding in all types of veggies. Chopped cucumber, diced jicama, sliced radish – the possibilities are endless (and delicious). So go for it…put on your mad scientist hat and go crazy with it.
Get Deliciousness via Instagram
Easy Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
A quick Mexican Shrimp Cocktail that's delicious served with tortilla chips. Or a fork. So easy and a great appetizer.
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup Meyer Lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced small
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Meyer lemon wedges
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Heavily salt it and add the raw shrimp. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until all shrimp are pink and cooked through. Remove to a small rimmed baking sheet and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- In a medium bowl, add the Meyer lemon juice and onions. Set aside for 5 minutes and allow to rest. Add the ketchup, olive oil, cilantro, garlic and Sriracha and stir to combine. Now is the time to add in any other extras like cucumber, jicama or radishes. Add the shrimp and stir to combine. Spoon into serving glasses or dishes and chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with avocado and lemon wedges just before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Serve in small cups with 2-3 shimp per cup.
Recipe courtesy of www.farmgirlgourmet.com. Reprinting without permission is unethical.