A quick and delicious recipe for Triple Chile Queso Dip using prepared Sabra Salsa. This is a sponsored post.
It’s the last couple of days of searching the interwebs for “just one more” appetizer to toss on the table for this sunday’s big game. Wings, check! Chips & guac, check! Well don’t forget this quick and super delish queso dip. Serve with chips, veggies, a snorkel or a giant spoon and your football lovin’ fans will be diving in head first.
So Pats or Hawks? Being from the PacNW – I have to toss my hat in for the Seattle Seahawks. We plan on being glued to the TV with a table full of (healthy) noshables this Sunday. My kids aren’t too stoked about the healthy part, but I am on my way to a new me and a table full of sweets isn’t on my eating plan. 🙂 Whoever you’re rooting for, I hope you have the best Super Bowl Sunday ever.
Triple Chile Queso Dip
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon shallot diced
- 1 jalapeno stemmed, seeded & diced
- 1 tablespoon poblano chile pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon Anaheim chile pepper diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup American cheese cubed, such as Velveeta
- 1 cup provolone cheese shredded
- ¾ cup salsa such as Sabra Roasted Garlic salsa
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add in shallots, jalapeno, poblano chiles, Anaheim chiles and salt. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over and stir to coat vegetables. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly, until incorporated. Allow to thicken, about 2-3 minutes. Add the cheeses and stir until melted. Pour into a warm serving dish and top with salsa. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Heather is a recipe developer and content creator living in Vancouver, Washington. She started Farmgirl Gourmet in 2006, almost 20 years ago, as a way to share recipes with friends and family. Heather is also the co-founder of Spiceology , a unique spice company, which she started in 2013. She shares family friendly recipes for easy everyday meals with a gourmet twist.