The holidays are definitely upon us and ovens everywhere are starting to crank out holiday staples like cookies and pies. My oven is no exception! Dove® Promises invited me to bake with Dove® Dark Chocolate and there was no way I could say no! After all, dark chocolate is one of my go-to’s when it comes to baking.
I will admit that I usually eat the chocolate pieces all by their lonesome, but for this recipe, they were added to the tops of chocolate shortbread cookies and I am a changed woman! They are so creamy and smooth when baked on top of the cookie. Delectable doesn’t even come close to describing these cookies.
One of the things I love about Dove® Dark Chocolate, besides the fact that it’s not bitter, is all in a little green seal on the bag (you can see it in the picture above). It’s a Rainforest Certification. This seal means that Dove® sources 100% of its cocoa for its Dark Chocolate products from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms. Rainforest Alliance Certified farms meet several environmental and labor standards, which is good for the environment and cocoa farms around the world. That gets the FG Seal of Approval too!!
If you want more ideas on how to use Dove® Dark Chocolate in recipes, check out their Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/DOVEChocolate or you can also check out their entire recipe page at http://www.brightideas.com.
I can tell you that I’m personally looking forward to making the Chocolate Flourless Cake! It looks and sounds incredible!
Let’s get to making some cookies!!! They are only 4 ingredients and are delish!
Share the Joy with Dove®. Go to BrightIdeas.com for recipes using DOVE® PROMISES® Dark Chocolate and DOVE® Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate Bar. Click. Create. Celebrate.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mars®. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 1 bag DOVE® PROMISES® Milk or Dark Chocolate
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 6 once glass
- 2 non-stick cookie sheets
- Place 12 DOVE® PROMISES® Milk or Dark Chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Gradually add flour and then stir in melted chocolate until thoroughly blended.
- Roll 24 walnut-size nuggets of dough into balls. Arrange balls 2-1/2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Slightly flatten dough with the bottom of a lightly floured glass. Press a DOVE® PROMISES® Milk or Dark Chocolate piece into the center of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven until set, about 10 minutes. Cool before serving.