Sweet Cherry & Cabernet Sauvignon Jam

NOTE: Due to several people ending up with Sweet Cherry Soup instead of Sweet Cherry jam, I have decided to take down this recipe.  I have reviewed my cooking notes and the recipe written is the same as posted, but I obviously transposed a number or two.

To the ladies who have already made this, I am sorry for the failed recipe.  My intention is to offer tasty tested recipes here at Farmgirl Gourmet, not flops that will make you not want to come back.  Again, my sincerest apologies!!

~Heather

25 Fresh Cherry Recipes You Must Make Today | Noble Pig
    June 9, 2014 at 10:17 am

[…] finds. 25 Fresh Cherry Recipes You Must Make Today Tart & Sweet Cherry Pie from Sugarcrafter Sweet Cherry & Cabernet Sauvignon Jam from Farmgirl Gourmet Cherry Pie Cups from Recipe Girl Cherry Cream Coffee Cake from Dine & […]

Valerie
    May 19, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Do you think that you will be reworking and reposting this recipe? It looks so very interesting and I would love to try it. Even if I ended up with the “soup” I would still love to give it a try.

daniele
    August 6, 2013 at 11:46 am

would love to try this receipt, but you have taken it down ūüôĀ

prometheamoth
    May 30, 2013 at 10:07 am

Interesting…I found you by Googling to see if anyone had done the same thing *I* made today…Cherry-Cabernet Sauvignon Jam. Mine came out great!! I use Pomona’s pectin…do you? I had about 6 cups smashed cherries, 4 tsp calcium water, 1 1/2 cups Cab Sauv, 1/2 cup water, 2 cups sugar, 4 tsp pectin.

June 4, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Pomona’s is hard for me to find, so I don’t use it as often as I’d like. I make a lot of jams and jellies over the summer. I’m so glad yours turned out. By the way, it makes a wicked good base for barbecue sauce. Try it. Delish!!

prometheamoth
        August 7, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I ordered my Pomona;s through amazon. ūüôā