Fabio – if you’re reading this and you know how to sing…I’m making a request – La Luce Buona Delle Stelle. My first roommate went to Italy, fell in love with an Italian boy who couldn’t speak English, but sang her that song. She brought back a tape (ya it was a while ago) and played it nonstop! After the 6,395th time, I started to like it.
Health Benefits of Olive Oil
- Olive oil is naturally healthy and cholesterol free and is the most highly monounsaturated oil at 77%.
- Monounsaturated fats help lower LDL (low-density lipoproteins), the “bad” cholesterol.
- Monounsaturated fats are also thought to lower the risk of heart disease and stroke, decrease the risk of breast cancer, help maintain a healthy weight and reduce belly fat.
- According to the Food and Drug Administration, consuming about 2 tablespoons of oil in a day may reduce your risk of heart disease. Source: http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/2004/ucm108368.htm
- Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil contains significant amounts of polyphenols, pro-vitamin A and vitamin E, which are all antioxidants.
- Bertolli Olive Oil contains natural anti-inflammatory properties (oleocanthal), which may reduce risk of age-related diseases as well as benefit the skin when applied topically (let’s all go do olive oil facials!!)
- Heat the barbecue or a grill pan over medium high heat. Lay the chops out on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped herbs, garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well and divide among the 6 chops on both sides. Squeeze 4 of the lemons halves over the chops and add to the grill. Place the lemons cut side down on the grill and using tongs, squeeze some of the juice over the chops while grilling. Grill pork chops to your preferred doneness.
- Meanwhile add the microgreens, apple and Parmesan to a large bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 2 lemon halves, olive oil and balsamic to your tastes and season with salt and pepper. Once chops are done, plate and top with some of the salad and serve.