The Virtual Potluck teamed up with Artisana to review a few of their nut butters. One thing is certain and that is that these nut butters are high quality. Some are raw, others are roasted and all are organic.
Some information about the company:
“Our goals and ideas are much bigger than just organic food. We are devoted to sustainable living and through our community we support the organic and living foods movement, the Earth and her forests. We try to buy our foods as close to the farmer as possible. In many cases we are able to buy straight from the organic farmers. It’ s a choice. It’ s how we operate. It is how we live our lives.” – via www.artisanafoods.com
I chose a few different butters to try: Raw Cashew, Cacao Bliss & Coconut Butter. The cashew butter was gone lickety split. Not only was I adding it to my morning toast, but I also made an amazing Phad Thai with it. The Cacao Bliss is better than Nutella (yes really) on an english muffin, but is taken to an all new level in the recipe below.
CONGRATS TO ABBY! YOU WON A JAR OF ARTISANA NUT BUTTER!!
Giveaway Rules and How to Enter (leave a separate comment for each action!)
• Visit the Artisana website and tell me the nut butter you’d love to try!
• Follow Virtual Potluck on Twitter
• Follow Farmgirl Gourmet on Google+
• Tweet the following message: Join #nutbutterlove by entering to win nut butters from Artisana and @VirtualPotluck! Enter to win:http://bit.ly/IHn2TU”
The comments are the official entry, there is no purchase necessary, void where prohibited. US mailing addresses only. One (1) winner will be chosen randomly. Prize will be shipped by Artisana. The contest ends Sunday, May 6th, 2012 at 11:59 pm Eastern time. The winner will be announced on Monday, May 7th via email and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Easy cream tart is as rich as a cheesecake but is no bake.
- 1 1/2 cups ground chocolate wafers (about 26)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup cacao bliss
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, grind the cookies into a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and mix will to combine. Press the cookie mixture into a tart pan, or pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the cream cheese and cacao bliss, mix well with a hand mixer. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla and with the whisk attachment, beat until soft peaks form. Add half of the whipped cream mixture to the cream cheese mixture and whisk to combine. Fold in the remaining whipped cream mixture carefully and add to the cooled cookie crust.
- Set a small bowl over a pan of simmering water and add the white chocolate. When the chocolate looks melted, stir briefly to combine. Remove from the heat and pour into a small piping bag fitted with a small tip or a zip top lunch bag and snip the corner. Pipe the white chocolate from the center out to the edge. Use a small paring knife and gently drag it over the white chocolate to create a webbed affect. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.
Recipe courtesy of www.farmgirlgourmet.com. Reprinting without permission is unethical.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Artisana, and all opinions are my own. No monetary compensation was exchanged.