Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte

If you are anything like me, you find it almost impossible to pass Starbucks at this time of year.  You know what I mean, right?  It’s the fall weather, the leaves are changing, the stores are selling holiday items and your favorite Latte Stand is advertising Pumpkin Spice Latte’s – $5 Today Only.  Yep, five buckaroo’s for one little drink, and that’s if you’re being good and only get the medium sized one.  Well, today I’m going to show you just how easy and quick it is to make your own at home.  You don’t even need a fancy shmancy espresso maker.  Yes, really.

Here’s the ingredients: strong coffee (brewed in the coffee maker or espresso machine), milk, pumpkin puree from a can, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and some whipped cream on top!  You can even make the milk mixture ahead, pop it in the fridge in a sealed container and have it on hand for a quick latte in the morning.

Imagine how much money you’ll save not going to the latte stand every day?

You can thank me later.

My address is below to send thank you notes.

Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte
[print]

2 cups milk (any % you choose)
4 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup strong coffee or espresso
canned whipped cream

Directions
1 Add the milk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice to a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring almost to a boil.  Remove from heat and add to a blender.  Blend on high until the milk begins to froth, about 2 minutes.  Divide milk mixture between two mugs.  Add the coffee slowly down the side so you don’t disturb the milk froth, add a squirt of whipped cream and a pinch more of the pumpkin pie spice and enjoy.

NOTE:  Alternatively, you could add the milk mixture to a 2 cup Pyrex measure and heat in the microwave to the desired temperature.

Make 2 – 10 ounce latte’s

Jodee
    December 31, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Love those mugs! Where are they from?

January 26, 2016 at 9:07 am

Peet’s Coffee in Chico, CA. I have tried to source them over the years, but have had no luck. They were a gift and I broke one…so I’m down to only 1 and guard it with my life. 🙂

Easy Cinnamon Dolce Latte | Farmgirl Gourmet
    October 6, 2015 at 8:35 pm

[…] by the local coffee conglomerate shop for a $6 warm coffee beverage.  Maybe it’s a Pumpkin Spiced Latte or some other coffee concoction.  One of my favorites is the Cinnamon Dolce Latte. […]

kristyhutch04
    October 11, 2014 at 11:51 am

Just made this latte now and BOY OH BOY was it ever delicious! It’s going to help my student wallet feel a lot better! Thanks so much 🙂

Salted Caramel Pumpkin Latte
    September 12, 2014 at 8:37 am

[…] then I saw her most viewed recipe from her blog was the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Just the other day, I opened my first can of pumpkin to make these donuts, and I had the leftover […]

{5 Favorite Pumpkin Snacks} - Living In This Season
    September 12, 2014 at 3:04 am

[…] Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte- So tasty and better ingredients too (oh I still drink the Starbucks one too) […]

Mary Kidd
    August 25, 2014 at 5:11 pm

I’m not a coffee drinker but this looks great! Also I LOVE your mugs! Where did u find them?

Copycat: Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte | My Favorite Tablespoon
    May 28, 2014 at 6:38 am

[…] recipe through Pinterest (you can find it on my Nom Nom Nom board), from a woman with a blog called Farm Girl Gourmet. She makes this recipe using canned pumpkin puree, but I had some homemade pumpkin butter** in the […]

Bam's Kitchen (@bamskitchen)
    November 27, 2013 at 12:31 am

Happy fall to you! A great way to get in the season and a perfect way to start my little Christmas cookie making gathering this Friday. A little caffeine and a little spice, I saw your photo on pinterst and had to stop by and say hello. Looking forward to keeping in touch. Take Care, BAM

Isabel’s Monster Bash Part 3: Food | The Obsessive Crafter
    November 24, 2013 at 9:23 pm

[…] Now if you want to know what the big hit with the adults was, I would have to say it is these Pumpkin Spice “Lattes” Note that I used coffee instead of espresso and this is the ONE recipe that I did indeed follow off […]

Tina
    November 15, 2013 at 10:37 am

I tried a concoction using 1 can (small) pumpkin puree, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, and a little milk to thin, plus spices. Concentrated creamer to keep in mason jar in fridge. No boiling, blending, nor whipping needed, just a really good stir to incorporate.

Pat
    November 7, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Pinned this last year but need to comment this year; thanks so much! Makes my autumn!

Taylor
    October 27, 2013 at 8:13 am

It smelled great when I made it but turned out horribly. I’m not sure what I did wrong but I will definitely be splurging this morning and driving to Starbucks.

October 27, 2013 at 9:42 am

Sorry it didn’t work for you. Here’s a tip for success. Make sure you don’t use too high of heat otherwise the pumpkin gets thick and not very pleasant to drink. I happen to heart Starbucks PSLs too. Again sorry it didn’t workout. On a good note: Yay Fall!!!

courtney
    October 13, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Can you use a K cup instead of brewed coffee?

October 13, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Absolutely. Any coffee would work great. Someone even used vanilla flavored coffee with yummy success. Enjoy!

Dawn
    September 26, 2013 at 6:18 am

Thank you. I got a chuckle out of that. Looks delicious. I am going to try it.

{Eat This/Drink That} Some Like It Hot | Love Brandie
    February 6, 2013 at 6:26 am

[…] Pumpkin Spice Latte from Farm Girl Gourmet. […]

Boozy Side Dish: Spicy Beer Rice - Cooking with Books
    January 22, 2013 at 3:30 pm

[…] at Virtual Potluck, we love our drinks and cocktails! Be it a non-alcoholic Pumpkin Spice Latte by Farmgirl Gourmet, a Creamy Hazelnut & Rum cocktail by Donna of Cookistry, or a Red Wine […]

Winter Drinks | The Mama Report
    December 28, 2012 at 9:24 pm

[…] Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte from Farmgirl Gourmet […]

Best Recipes of 2012 - Farmgirl Gourmet
    December 28, 2012 at 3:28 pm

[…] Pumpkin Spiced Latte – so easy to make, I made it twice!  This is by far my most viewed recipe and for a good reason…you will never want to buy them […]

Hannie
    December 6, 2012 at 7:31 am

I can’t take caffeine 🙁

dena
      September 19, 2013 at 4:25 am

go decaf!!!

Pumpkin Challah Pudding with Dried Cranberries - Farmgirl Gourmet
    November 26, 2012 at 6:30 pm

[…] – yes that’s a Pumpkin Spice Latte top right.  Hello, my name is Heather and I’m a […]

Mel
    November 25, 2012 at 8:36 am

This sounds good; I’ll have to try it soon. I also like the picture you took of it; those mugs are pretty.

kitchen nov 17 | Bonbon Break
    November 17, 2012 at 11:16 am

[…] Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte ~:: Farmgirl Gourmet ::~ […]

Mod Mom Beyond IndieDom
    November 13, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I was just about to say “I think I love you” and someone beat me to it! lol I do, though, because this looks and sound pads amazing. I love making my own coffee drinks at home and this will save me some dough. Thank you!

Erin Rose
    November 11, 2012 at 10:11 am

So, I have this small problem when I cook, things just seem to go wrong. Ha! Smelled great and probably would have tasted great too if part of the cover of the blender didn’t fall in as I was blending… Ruined blender and ruined coffee. But it did smell amazing and once I get a new blender, I will definitely try again. Thanks!

November 12, 2012 at 10:40 am

Awww..I’m so sorry for your blender. You can also just whisk the milk mixture in the pot and get similar results. I don’t bother using the blender anymore to make mine. Too many extra dishes and it takes that much longer before I can drink the deliciousness. 🙂 Thanks for commenting.

October Round Up
    November 4, 2012 at 8:46 am

[…] Dreamy Travel Photography Bags from Golden Amazing Street Style Snaps Very Cool French Train The Always Fun Sophia Rossi Shabby Chic Brooklyn Apartment A Hilarious Take on Fall Never Too Late to Change Your World This May be How I Spend my 30th A Pumpkin Latte Anyone Can Do […]

Carrie
    November 3, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Thanks a ton for sharing this!!!!! I actually replaced milk with some eggnog and it tasted great to me! I am a coffee nut and this will definitely slow me down from those $5 lattes. 😉

Pinterest Roundup: Favorite Fall Foods
    November 2, 2012 at 1:39 pm

[…] Spice Latte, but spending nearly $5 on a drink every day can be a little bit pricey. With this recipe, you will be able to make your own at home for a fraction of the cost. And the best part? It looks […]

Farmgirl Gourmet Homemade Pumpkin Spiced Latte - Farmgirl Gourmet
    November 1, 2012 at 3:57 pm

[…] help but make over and over again.  Well, this Pumpkin Spiced Latte is just that (here’s the original post).  It’s so easy and doesn’t require starting your car and driving across town to […]

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
    October 29, 2012 at 8:56 am

[…] Luckily, on this lazy, cozy Sunday morning, I had all of the ingredients to make my own “PSL.” Here’s what you need to do to make your own pumpkin spice latte, and trust me, they’re much easier than they sound. (The original recipe can be found at Farmgirl Gourmet.) […]

Lazy Sunday afternoon « itaga sa bato
    October 28, 2012 at 1:31 pm

[…] coffee this morning afternoon, so did a bit more digging around on Pinterest. And came up with this from Heather Scholten at Farmgirl […]

DeeP
    October 27, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Thank you! I look forward to fall and that first whiff then sip of a venti PSL from Starbucks every year…I cannot tell you how much I spend on PSL each fall but i’m sure, if I added it up, I would be in total shock! lol Thank you, I will try this tomorrow 🙂

Friday Favorites « Find Your Way
    October 26, 2012 at 7:11 am

[…] Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe from Farmgirl Gourmet. Mmm. […]

Nina prabhu
    October 26, 2012 at 5:59 am

Ooh that was so good. Thank you

October 26, 2012 at 8:27 am

So glad you enjoyed it Nina. It’s my fave recipe for fall!

Farmgirl Gourmet A 2011 Recap & Virtual New Years Eve Party! - Farmgirl Gourmet
    October 16, 2012 at 2:12 am

[…] Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte […]

Jenn
    October 12, 2012 at 1:35 am

I think I love you. Seriously.
    This is the start of my fourth year here in the UK, and they finally brought over my beloved PSL. But. The nearest Starbucks is a winding 18 mile drive.
    And when I “popped in” last Monday (one week after launch) they were already out of PSL syrup.

I stock up on canned pumpkin every trip home (we love pumpkin) so I’m going to spurge on a can and try this today. Thank you!

October 16, 2012 at 1:35 am

I hope you enjoy the latte Jenn. I will warn you…it’s easy to make, therefore easy to make again, and again, and again. 🙂 Hope you love it as much as I do!

Napfrocurlzgirl
    October 7, 2012 at 7:53 am

If you don’t have an espresso maker, just buy Cafe Bustelo and make it like regular coffee.

Jennifer Jacobs
    October 2, 2012 at 8:10 pm

I was wondering if you knew how to tweak this to have the creme-based version? A year ago I was directed by my doctors (and everyone around me) to stop drinking coffee due to it triggering my migraines. But I am in LOVE with the Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Anonymous
    September 30, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I litereally JUST made these, A-FRICKIN-MAZING!!!! This will definitely be something thats made in our house a lot!!!!

Cooking Ripe!
    September 26, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Thanks for yummy recipe. I love pumpkin and I love coffee, so I know I’ll LOVE this recipe. Think I’ll use vanilla soy milk.

Readers may enjoy making their own homemade pumpkin puree (easy!) http://cookingripe.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/homemade-pumpkin-puree/

MrsDagnabit
    September 26, 2012 at 6:58 pm

If anyone knows where those cups come from, let me know! I agree, those are so cute!

MrsDagnabit
    September 26, 2012 at 6:57 pm

If anyone finds out where those cups come from, I want to know!! Agree, so cute!

Mrs. Twenty Something
    September 25, 2012 at 8:07 am

Where did you get those cups!? They’re so cute.

Anonymous
    September 24, 2012 at 6:54 am

I am going to try this tonight. After I stop at the grocery store to get the ingredients.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
    September 23, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Have to try this! If it wasnt so late i would do it now. Tomorrow
    Night it is on my table! Thanks!

Anonymous
    September 23, 2012 at 11:46 am

Word to the wise…you may want to separate the milk mixture in half before putting it in the blender. I put it all in, held the top down, turned it on and it exploded HOT milk all over my kitchen! Tasted GREAT once I got the kitchen cleaned up 😉

Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes
    September 20, 2012 at 5:52 am

This honestly sounds better than a $5 drink from Starbucks! I would love for you to share this post and any other Fall related post you have, at this week’s It’s Fall Y’all ~ Linky Party. Hope to see you there!

Anonymous
    September 19, 2012 at 5:50 pm

I made this today for some friends & everyone loved it!! Thanks for the recipe!!

Anonymous
    September 19, 2012 at 10:26 am

Where did you find these mugs? Love them, let me know. jennifer

suz
    September 16, 2012 at 7:59 am

I am going to try this using Splenda instead of sugar. I sure wish they had a skinny version of this drink at Starbucks. I bought one the other day that was so sweet it made my teeth hurt.

Kristy Goldman
    September 13, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I made this today! YUMMY! Thanks for a great recipe – I had to post it on my blog. No more dragging the baby to starbucks for a $5 latte. 🙂

Christine Trebendis
    September 10, 2012 at 6:13 am

Thank you for this fabulous recipe. I do love my Pumpkin Spice Latte each morning. Instead of milk, I use 2 cups of Land o Lakes Fat Free 1/2 & 1/2. I usually only like whole milk in my coffee, but with the spices, you really can’t tell. I also strain the mixture after removing from heat. It truly is delish!

Holli
    September 9, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Thanks so much for sharing at the Fall Bucket List link-up! Oh, I could so go for one of these right about now…

DessertForTwo
    September 9, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Just made these and they’re AWESOME! Thank you!

Katie
    September 9, 2012 at 6:21 am

This looks absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to try it. Making it at home will save me SO much money too 🙂

Anonymous
    September 6, 2012 at 10:48 pm

i haven’t tried it yet, but yes: THANK YOU!!! this looks doable, and i normally only go to Starbucks about three times a year: once in summer for a Frappacino, and a couple times each fall the the Pumpkin Latte, so thank you, thank you, thank you!!! i don’t like most flavored coffees, but love the pumpkin one! <3

Farmgirl Gourmet
    September 5, 2012 at 7:33 am

@yogini – they are from Peet’s coffee. A gift a few years ago and no longer available anywhere!! I have been searching. 🙁 Love them and only have the 2.

Holli
    September 4, 2012 at 8:50 am

This looks like something I could do. (And it might cut my coffee $$ in half by curbing my trips to a certain coffee house.) I’d love for you to share this at our fall idea gallery:

Found you via Pinterest and happy to be a new follower!

yogini
    September 2, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Where did you get those coffee cups? I love them!!

yogini
    September 2, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Where did you get those coffee cups? I love them!!

Anonymous
    September 2, 2012 at 9:12 am

Mayyyybe don’t put 2+ cups of almost boiling liquid in blender onhigh. I have pumpkin spice EVERYWHERE!

Farmgirl Gourmet
    August 30, 2012 at 11:42 am

Yes, stir while heating mscuteepiebows. Sorry, I should update that in the recipe. 🙂

mscuteepiebows
    August 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm

You are supposed to stir it while it’s heating right?

mscuteepiebows
    August 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm

You are supposed to stir it while it’s heating right?

Kathleen Ruelling
    August 25, 2012 at 9:33 am

Thank you for the recipe! I can’t wait to try it out on a crisp fall day!

Farmgirl Gourmet
    August 21, 2012 at 11:31 pm

They are from Peets Coffee in Chico, CA. I wish they were still available but they arent. 🙁 they were a gift a few years back.

Anonymous
    August 21, 2012 at 8:54 am

Could you possibly let us know where you got those adorable mugs?

Nicole
      October 22, 2012 at 3:02 pm

I REALLY appreciate you posting this recipe. And might I add…Even those Pumpkin Spice Latte creamers you buy at the store are soooo dang SWEET, that its like god, I mind as well of poured a cup of sugar in my coffee! With this recipe I you can alter it to how sweet you want it 🙂

October 22, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Glad you like it Nicole. It’s a staple in the fall around our house. In fact, I was just sitting in my office thinking that NOW would be a good time to go make one. 🙂 Enjoy!! ~Heather

Farmgirl Gourmet
    August 15, 2012 at 9:13 pm

@Tricia – Blend it, refrigerate it and then heat it up before using it. Don’t heat it too long or it will get really thick like gravy. It’s really easy though and delish!!

Anonymous
    August 11, 2012 at 10:51 am

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tricia
    August 11, 2012 at 8:21 am

To have the milk mixture on hand, I assume you’d refrigerate after heating it? And then blend it when you’re ready? Or can you blend it and then refrigerate?

xlpharmacy
    November 23, 2011 at 11:44 am

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

PinkGranny
    November 1, 2011 at 8:42 am

I liked this so much I linked it to my blog!

I hope you don’t mind….

Jenni
    October 21, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Oh, pumpkin pie spice is in the air! No wonder this is your most viewed post–wonderful! 🙂

Mama Bird 5
    October 18, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I have made this recipe several times now and also doubted the amount of vanilla, but trust me, it’s perfect as is. I do have to add a bit more sugar for my tastes, but I have a sweet tooth. Excellent recipe!

Karriann Graf
    October 12, 2011 at 12:13 pm

This look so great! Must try it!

Anonymous
    October 11, 2011 at 10:00 am

That sounds like a LOT of vanilla…almost makes this a coffee cocktail. 🙂 But I’m still gonna try it!

thegoodeatr
    October 11, 2011 at 7:57 am

This sounds so delicious! I never buy Starbucks because of how caloric the drinks actually are. But, your version sounds like a much healthier version–definitely worth trying! I wonder if it’s equally good with almond milk?

Shelly Murney
    October 10, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Wow. I never thought about putting real pumpkin in a latte. Is that what they do? Thanks! I’ll try it.

Cookin' Canuck
    October 10, 2011 at 7:31 am

How I would love to wrap my hands around a mug full of this latte. This is definitely something to try at home.

Kath
    October 10, 2011 at 6:22 am

I’ve never tried a Starbuck’s Pumpkin Latte. I’ve been afraid to slide off that slippery slope into Pumpkin Latte Craving Land. Your version does look mighty tempting, though! 😉

Fahad Khan
    October 10, 2011 at 2:28 am

“My address is below to send thank you notes.” Funny,hehe.:-D Thanks for sharing the recipe,this sounds very nice.Since canned pumpkin puree is not so readily available here,I might make my own when trying this recipe…And those red mugs are beautiful!

Liren
    October 9, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I know so many people (including myself) who could kiss you for this. Can’t wait to get by homemade pumpkin spice latte!

Katmom
    October 9, 2011 at 1:36 pm

I KNOW where you live,,,and now I have (another) great excuse to come visit more often this Autumn! lol!
    :>)
    num num nummy!
    :>)

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels
    October 9, 2011 at 7:43 am

Your version looks soooo much better than Starbucks! Now if only I had one of your lattes this morning. 🙂

Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl
    October 8, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I’m in heaven just looking at it. And not to mention how much I may save via the pocket book, the calorie content, I am sure, is lower than SBux, too. {total run on sentence, I know}

Can’t wait to try this.

And congrats on Scoring Date night. 😉

Eliotseats
    October 8, 2011 at 3:56 am

Yea, I am one of those that can’t wait for SBs to roll out the pumpkin latte every fall. THANK YOU for re-creating it. I have some pumpkin in the freezer I am thawing out now! (Also, glad to have found your blog–looks interesting.)

Nelly Rodriguez
    October 7, 2011 at 6:54 pm

This looks amazing and I’ll make a confession: I’ve never had these famous pumpkin lattes. So it might be time for me to pop that pumpkin latte cherry 😛