Baked Chai Donuts with Bourbon Glaze are soooo easy and a big plus – they are baked, not fried! Make these super easy donuts in a jiff and don’t forget the bourbon glaze. It’s a keeper.
I love a good donut and these Baked Chai Donuts with Bourbon Glaze are incredibly tasty. I have been addicted to my donut baking pan ever since the moment I made my very first donuts in it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not some crazed person who will chastise you for eating a donut fried in oil, because let me tell you, I can put the hurt on those as well. Me and Plain Old Fashioneds are BFF4EVA. But there’s something fantastic about baking them. The time commitment isn’t crazy and you’re eating them in a short period of time….oh and you don’t have to figure out what to do with the gallon of oil you just used for frying. That’s a score.
This recipe is packed with spices and the bourbon glaze, well, that’s one bowl of sweet deliciousness that I may or may not have taste tested continuously before glazing the donuts. What? It could have been poisonous. 😉
I promise it’s not poisonous. 🙂
What’s your favorite baked donut recipe? Tell me in the comments below.
Baked Chai Donuts with Bourbon Glaze
Yield 6 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup strong brewed black tea
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon (or vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a donut baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, and salt. Whisk together until incorporated well.
- In a small bowl, add the tea, oil, vanilla bean seeds and egg. Whisk together until incorporated. Fold into the flour mixture until combined. Spoon into prepared donut baking pan. Bake 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before glazing.
- In a small bowl add the powdered sugar and bourbon and stir to combine. Dip tops of donuts into the glaze and set aside to set.