A quick recipe for a Turkey, Bacon & Garlic Hummus Panini. So tasty you’ll wonder why you haven’t used hummus this way before. *This is a sponsored post.
WHOA!! Do you know what today is? It’s National Hummus Day!! That’s right. A day dedicated to the marriage of Mr Tahini and Miss Cici Bean. And such a delicious marriage it is. I’ve teamed up with Sabra Dipping Co to bring you this cheesy, bacony, and garlicy hummusy deliciousness. I mean, this sammie was:
Sabra is celebrating National Hummus Day by giving away coupons for hummus. Click HERE to get yours. Note: coupons are only available May 21st! So don’t delay.
I have been a Sabra Tastemaker for the past two years and one of the questions I get all of the time is: what else can you do with hummus besides using it as a dip? Hummus is incredibly versatile and makes for a great “binder” when added to ground meat or even swirled into sauces. You don’t even need to get fancy pants with it and can toss hot pasta in it. Here are a few of my favorite recipes using hummus in unique ways:
- Spicy Hummus & Quinoa Falafel – Farmgirl Gourmet
- Asian Salad Hummus Flatbread – Nutmeg Nanny
- Olive Tapenade Hummus Pasta Salad – Poet in the Pantry
- Moroccan Meatball Sliders – Farmgirl Gourmet
- Gluten Free Thai Noodle Salad – Smith Bites
See what I mean? So easy to use in tons of ways other than just for dipping. Which, don’t get me wrong, is amazing as well. We use hummus in our house for dipping veggies and in place of mayo almost daily. So why not spread it on a panini, right? Are you picking up what I’m putting down? I used the Roasted Garlic Hummus for this recipe, but pretty much any of the flavors will work great.
I had to do it. I mean…..BACON. Ok let’s continue.
How do you plan to celebrate National Hummus Day? Don’t forget to click that link to get your coupons for Sabra deliciousness. It’s today May 21, 2015 only.
Turkey, Bacon & Garlic Hummus Panini
Yield 4 servings
A quick recipe for a Turkey, Bacon & Garlic Hummus Panini sandwich.
- 8 slices thick cut french bread
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, broken in half
- 1/2 lb sliced deli turkey breast
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Butter, room temperature
- Heat the panini press.
- Spread hummus on each of the slices of bread. Top one bread round with 2 pieces of bacon, 2 slices swiss cheese and 1/4 of the turkey, top with another bread round (hummus side down). Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 sandwiches. Butter the tops and place on the panini butter side down, spread other side with butter, repeat with remaining sandwiches. Close the panini press lid and cook until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Remove and eat immediately.
If you don't have a panini maker, you can also use a griddle or frying pan.
Courses Main Course
Disclaimer: I am a Sabra Tastemaker and therefore am compensated for posting about Sabra products. All opinions are my own.