It was September of 2011 when I was selected along with 19 other food bloggers to participate in a book promo for Emeril Lagasse. I was still pretty new to the food blogging scene and didn’t know any of the other bloggers. We spent 3 weeks together working on the promo and became fast friends. One of those bloggers is the beautiful and gracious Rachel of www.rachelcooks.com. She and I have become great friends and my week is not complete without saying HI to her. She’s just a sweetheart and I love her to bits.
I received an email from Brandy of www.nutmegnanny.com and Brandi of www.branappetit.com asking if I wanted to participate in a virtual baby shower for Rachel (If you haven’t heard, she’s about to pop very soon with her first little man). How could I say no? So I jumped on board and offered up my graphic design services to create the invitation. The list of bloggers who are cooking for Rachel’s virtual baby shower is long and amazing. She is definitely well loved in the blogging community. Please make sure you check out all of the deliciousness.
Check out all of the deliciousness!
- 30A Eats - Southern Cheese Straws
- Susie Freaking Homemaker - Cucumber Sandwiches
- Diabetic Foodie - Cranberry Citrus Meatballs
- Budget Gourmet Mom - Baby Blue Cheese Burgers
- Thrifty Veggie Mama - Roasted Butternut Squash & Sage Pesto Crostini
- Cooking with Books - Curried Salmon Phyllo Cups
- London Bakes - Mini Onion & Feta Pizzas
- Eat 2 Gather - Chicken Salad
- Sarah’s Cucina Bella - Apple Asiago Prosciutto Bites
- Nutmeg Nanny – S’mores Popcorn
- BranAppetit – Bourbon Toffee Popcorn
- Creative Culinary – White Chocolate Quilted Cupcakes
- Miss in the Kitchen – White Chocolate Biscoff Muddy Buddies
- Fake Ginger – Snickerdoodle Scones
- Cookistry – Walnut Streusel Coffee Cake
- Bake Your Day – Salted Caramel Cashew Popcorn
- Bread & Butter – Primal Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- A Spicy Perspective – Turtle Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake
- Taste and Tell – Baby Blue Layered Jell-0
- Oh Sweet Basil – Mini Blackberry Pies
- Bakeaholic Mama – Salted Caramel Popcorn Bars
- Chip Chip Hooray – Itty Bitty Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- The Lemon Bowl – Hermit Bars
- Mother Thyme – Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- The Spiffy Cookie – Sweet Potato Pie Dip with Pie Crust Dippers
- Stephs Bite by Bite – Baby Blueberry Pie
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chips or chunks
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cashew brittle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- Set a double boiled over medium-low heat, add the chocolate and butter and heat until just melted. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Add the melted chocolate and mix well to combine. Mix in the flour. Add the chopped cashew brittle and stir to combine. (the mixture will be liquid, but it will puff up in the oven)
- Use a hinged scoop and scoop the cookie mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 12-16 minutes. Do not overcook. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewarts Outrageous Chocolate Cookies