Kahlúa, Kahlúa and more Kahlúa! Which is not a complaint! If the other 4 didn’t whet your whistle then this one definitely will!
I happen to love Hot Buttered Rum in the winter months. The spices, the sweetness, the rum. It’s the perfect warm-you-up concoction after a long day in the snow. I had never thought to put Kahlúa in my Hot Buttered Rum before, but after all, Kahlúa is rum with the greatness of coffee mixed in.
Now take the Hot Buttered Rum to the next level and add Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice. That was the deal sealer right there. The room was filled with “mmmmm” after the first sip.
I made the batter as simple as can be. Only 4 ingredients. Butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and orange zest. Mix it up and put in a sealed container (not that it will last long) and pop in the fridge so it solidifies. Then all you need to do is fill the kettle, get it whistling and you’ll be sipping Pumpkin Spiced Hot Buttered Rum in a flash. 6 ingredients, one mug of delish!
Pumpkin spice infused Kahlúa Liqueur mixed with a spicy batter and boiling water makes for a perfect winter sipper.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons batter (recipe follows)
- 2 ounces Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (about 1 medium orange)
- Add the batter and Kahlúa to 2 mugs. Top with boiling water and stir to combine. Serve immediately with a cinnamon stick for garnish.
- Add butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and orange zest in a medium bowl. Mix well to combine. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.