Milk is a part of my breakfast each and every morning. Whether it’s swirled into my coffee, whisked into eggs or drizzled over a piping hot bowl of oatmeal, it’s my morning go-to for protein.
This oatmeal recipe is so quick to make that you can make it before you head out the door on weekdays. In less than 10 minutes you’ll be eating a bowl of nutritious oats, protein packed milk, heart-healthy almonds, apples and dates. Four of the five food groups in one bowl.
A quick and satisfying oatmeal. Perfect for a weekday breakfast that is packed with fruit, nuts and protein.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey, divided
- 1 cup lowfat or fat free milk, warmed
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in oats and lower temperature to medium-low. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until desired consistency. Stir in apple, dates and almonds.
- Divide among 4 bowls and top with brown sugar. Serve with warm milk drizzled over the top.
- Serve with a glass of lowfat or fat free milk.