A crazy delicious recipe for a chocolate chip cookie pie that is filled with silky homemade pudding and topped with brown sugar whipped cream. What’s not to love?
Ok friends. Let’s take a moment and have a chat. Just you and me. Friend to friend. This cookie pie and I are officially in a love hate relationship with each other. The love, because it’s insanely good and I want to eat it daily. The hate, because it’s insanely good and I want to eat it daily.
It’s the truth.
I was asked to do a little throw down of sorts using Not Without Salt‘s Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie mix by Marx Foods. As you may recall, I have worked with Marx Foods on many a throw down, so of course I said YES. I could use the cookie mix annnnnny way I wanted. I had some visions of tossing it in the waffle iron and making some sort of crazy carnivalesque concoction as well as using it to make a layered out of this world brownie. But then it hit me. Make pie.
This cookie mix from Ashley at Not Without Salt is amazeballs. Giant chocolate chips, high quality salt, flour and brown sugar mix. It’s the whole package. I am super impressed and can’t wait to use it again and again.
I found this really fun mini pie crust pan at Bed Bath & Beyond and I knew I had to have it. It works amazing for regular pie crusts, but also for chocolate chip cookie crusts. 🙂 After I baked the cookie crusts, I let the cool. Then whipped up a silky smooth chocolate pudding and filled them up. Top these hand-held pies with some brown sugar whipped cream and a sprinkle of shaved chocolate and flaked sea salt and BOOM. Let the eatin’ begin.
I can’t keep teasing you, so here’s the recipe. Make it, make it right away. You’re welcome. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Yield 6 servings
A crazy fun recipe for a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie that is filled with silky dark chocolate pudding and topped with brown sugar whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- 1 tube Not Without Salt Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (or your favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough)
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 3 oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- shaved dark chocolate
- flaked sea salt (optional)
- Make the cookie dough as directed on the tube. Press into mini pie crust pan and chill 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350º F and bake the cookie crusts for 12-14 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the whole milk and dark chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until pale. Add the cornstarch, kosher salt and vanilla and whisk to combine. Pour a slow stream of the milk mixture into the egg mixture while whisking constantly. Once completely added, pour the milk and egg mixture back into the saucepan and return to medium heat and cook 6-8 minutes, until thick and bubbly. Stir 1 minute to smooth.
- Pour warm pudding mixture into the cooled cookie pie crusts. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing lightly onto pudding to prevent a skin from forming. Chill 2-3 hours.
- In a medium bowl add the heavy whipping cream and brown sugar. Beat with a hand blender until stiff peaks and thick, about 3 minutes. Spoon on to chilled cookie pies and top with shaved chocolate and flaked sea salt, if using, and serve.
Disclaimer: I was provided 2 tubes of Not Without Salt’s Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix to use for recipe development. 1 winner of the #NWSCookieMix throwdown will win $100 credit to be used at MarxFoods.com. This was not a paid or sponsored post and all opinions are my own.