One of the things I love more than anything is making a hearty breakfast for my family. There’s something about cooking up something delicious for the first meal of the day that fills my heart with joy. Now, I’m not talking about a giant breakfast, I am a busy mom, that’s a fact Jack. So how do you whip up something healthy and hearty in a short time? One way is using leftovers and another is using products like Simply Potatoes, like I did for this recipe. If you have an easy recipe using only 5 ingredients, you should enter it into the Simply Potatoes sweepstakes! The winner gets $3000! Imagine all the goodies you could make with $3000!
Don’t forget me when you’re rich and famous! 🙂 Let’s get back to this delicious recipe. I whipped this plate of YUM up in a jiff! I used Simply Potatoes Mashed Potatoes because they are fresh potatoes use only real ingredients and heated them in the microwave. Then added them to a hot skillet sprayed with cooking spray in patties and crisped them up. They will be a bit loose, but that makes them crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Flip carefully! I heated up a can of seasoned black beans while the potato pancakes were cooking and then sliced up some avocado, fried a few eggs and to top it all off, I drizzled it with bottled salsa. Everything is done before the potato pancakes are done. All that’s left is 4 hungry bellies and some forks.
This was a big hit and everyone gobbled it right up! How’s that for a quick breakfast that won’t have you slaving over the hot stove for hours? I know, I’m a giver. Here’s the recipe. Make sure you make it soon!
Mexican Potato Stack
- 24 oz package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes other leftover homemade mashed potatoes equal to 2 1/2 cups
- 15 oz can seasoned black beans or plain and season to your liking
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- Heat the mashed potatoes according to manufacturer instructions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Portion the hot mashed potatoes into 4 patties. Press lightly to flatten. Cook until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side for another 5 minutes.
- While the potato pancakes are cooking, heat black beans until warm, set aside.
- In another skillet, fry eggs to your liking.
- Place the potato pancake on a plate and top with black beans, avocado slices, an egg and drizzle with your favorite salsa. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes. The opinions and text are all mine.
Heather is a recipe developer and content creator living in Vancouver, Washington. She started Farmgirl Gourmet in 2006, almost 20 years ago, as a way to share recipes with friends and family. Heather is also the co-founder of Spiceology , a unique spice company, which she started in 2013. She shares family friendly recipes for easy everyday meals with a gourmet twist.