Looking for a quick side dish that won’t break the calorie bank, but is still full of flavor? This salad is just the thing.
Not everyone has a garden of fresh peas or the ability to find them in the grocery store, so feel free to substitute thawed frozen baby peas. To make it even faster, you can also use roasted red peppers from a jar.
Spring Pea, Pepper & Goat Cheese Salad
A quick pea salad that's full of flavor and not too bad for the waistline.
- 1 large red pepper
- 3 cups shelled fresh peas, or thawed frozen peas
- 3 ounces Chevre goat cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Char the red pepper over an open flame, or under the broiler until well blackened. Place in a paper bag and close. Allow to rest for 20 minutes. Remove and peel off the outer skin and discard stem and seeds. Cut into medium dice and add to the serving bowl.
- Add the peas, goat cheese, shallot, olive oil, vinegar, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of www.farmgirlgourmet.com. Reprinting without permission is unethical.