No Preservatives Gluten Free
Want to win some True Lemon? Here’s what they are giving away:
True Gift box (consisting of a box each of True Lemon, True Lime, True Orange, True Grapefruit, True Lemonade, True Raspberry Lemonade, True Lemon shaker, True
Lime shaker and a t-shirt).
Also, they are offering free samples to any of my readers who email them directly at email@example.com
How to Enter comment below telling me what you’d make with the True Lemon products. Check out the roundup of posts at Cooking with Books Follow True Lemon on Twitter Follow Virtual Potluck on Twitter Tweet the following message: “Join #citruslove by entering to win a gift box thanks to @TrueLemon and @VirtualPotluck! Enter to win: http://bit.ly/zmFbWT”
Mixed Berry Jam Scrolls with True Orange Fondant Glaze
Quick cinnamon rolls kicked up with mixed berry jam and an orange fondant glaze
2 1/3 cups self rising flour (or all-purpose flour with 2-3 teaspoons baking powder)
pinch of salt
1/2 stick butter, chilled plus 1/2 stick melted
2/3-3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar in the raw, aka Turbinado Sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup mixed berry jam, or whatever flavor you’d like
True Orange Fondant Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the flour, salt and 1/2 stick cold butter and process until it resembles coarse meal. Slowly add the milk and pulse until the dough just comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead into a supple dough.
- Roll the dough ball out into a thin slab. Using a pastry brush, spread the melted butter over the dough. Sprinkle with the raw sugar, cinnamon, and jam. Roll slab lengthwise into a long rope.
- Cover a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the roll into equal small rolls and place them upright against each other on the sheet. They don’t have to fit tightly. Bake the scrolls for approximately 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked on the inside.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Add the True Orange crystals and begin whisking and adding milk until the mixture is thick but pour-able. Drizzle large ribbons of glaze over the scrolls. Allow to set for 5 minutes before eating.
Makes 4-6 Servings
Disclaimer: The comments are the official entry, there is no purchase necessary, void where prohibited. US mailing addresses only. One (1) winner will be chosen randomly. Prize will be shipped by True Lemon. The contest ends Sunday, March 18th, 2012
at 11:59 pm Eastern time. The winner will be announced on Monday, March 19th via email and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by True Lemon, and as always my opinions are based on personal recipe testing (and tasting!) No monetary compensation was exchanged.