I don’t know if you are in to Pinterest but I can just say – if you haven’t discovered it…you may just want to leave it that way. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Pinterest, a lot, but it is like a giant vortex of deliciousness that will suck you in with it’s sticky tentacles and you can kiss some hours of your life goodbye forever.
A while back I repinned a photo by my friend Jessica at The Novice Chef that has been haunting me for 2 months. That happens to me a lot when I get into a Pinterest frenzy and start pinning things I know I want to make. Her recipe for Sweet & Sticky Baked Chicken Drumsticks looked so good I knew I had to make it. Check out this picture? Drool! Click the image below to go to her website – you owe it to yourself to see what she’s puttin down over there.
I tweaked her recipe just a tad to make it slow cooker friendly and swapped out parsley for cilantro and that’s it. It’s hard to improve on perfection!!
Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
Yield 4-6 servings
So sticky and so delicious.
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sriracha (or other hot pepper sauce)
- black pepper
- 10 chicken drumsticks, skin removed and discarded
- toasted sesame seeds
- In a sauce pan add the honey, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sriracha and season to taste with black pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the temperature and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sugars have dissolved and the sauce is beginning to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, add the skinned chicken drumsticks and pour the sauce over. Move the chicken around a bit with tongs to coat completely. Put the lid on and cook on high for 4 hours, flipping chicken a couple of times during the cooking process. Just before serving, sprinkle with torn cilantro leaves and sesame seeds.
- Serve with steamed white rice and your favorite veggie and devour!
Recipe adapted from The Novice Chef
Courses Main Course
Recipe adapted slightly from The Novice Chef Blog. Please be sure to stop by her website and show her some love.
Other Deliciously Sweet & Sticky Recipes
Hot and Sweet Drumsticks – The Pioneer Woman
Sweet and Spicy Drumsticks – A Spicy Perspective
Sweet Lemon Glazed Drumsticks – Recipe Girl
Sweet n Sticky Baked Chicken Drumsticks – The Comfort of Cooking