Eggnog Bourbon Balls

by FarmgirlGourmet

My kitchen has been turning out deliciousness like a well oiled machine over the past week or so.  Sweet treats, candies & of course cookies.  It’s the holiday way, isn’t it?  I wish I had the ability to buy my friends and neighbors a special gift, but a plate of homemade goodies is the easiest and most economical way to show them that I care and that they are thought of during the busy holiday season.

Egg Nog Bourbon Balls

You know I love my bourbon which is evidenced here, here and here.  And what goes better with Bourbon during the holidays than Eggnog?  Nothing, if your name is Heather!  They are SUPER easy to make and if you let them “marry” for a couple of days you just might get a buzz from eating a couple.   So here’s my public service announcement: Don’t eat bourbon balls and drive.  The end.  πŸ™‚

Eggnog Bourbon Balls

• 1 cup crushed Vanilla wafer cookies (grind in food processor)
  • 1 cup powdered confectioners sugar
  • 1 cup ground pecans
  • 1/4 cup Bourbon
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon light corn syrup (such as Karo)
  • 10 ounces egg nog flavored candy melts such as Wilton Eggnog Candy Melts
  • ground nutmeg

1. In a medium bowl, add the ground wafer cookies, powdered sugar, pecans and cocoa powder. Stir to combine well. Add the bourbon and corn syrup and stir until the mixture comes together and is well incorporated. Using a small hinged scoop or a teaspoon, make balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture and place the baking sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes.
  2. Using a double boiler, add the egg nog candy melts to the top and melt slowly. Stir the candy melts just to combine. Drop one chilled bourbon ball in the candy and using a fork flip it over to coat. Tap the fork on the side of the double boiler to remove excess candy and place back on the parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the wet candy with a tiny pinch of ground nutmeg. Repeat with the remaining bourbon balls. Refrigerate or consume immediately.

Eggnog Bourbon Balls recipe | farmgirlgourmet.com

22 comments

15 Holiday Eggnog Dessert Recipes - Pretty My Party November 9, 2015 - 6:59 pm

[…] Eggnog Bourban Balls: Farm Girl Gourmet […]

Alletha December 17, 2014 - 5:37 pm

I made these last year and they were awesome. Will make this year too.

Eggnog 3 Ways at Your Wedding | Bridal Guide December 2, 2014 - 8:05 am

[…] Eggnog Bourbon Balls via Farmgirl Gourmet […]

Deanna Fortin October 25, 2014 - 8:07 am

What is the yield per recipe, with balls a little smaller than a ping pong ball?

Rick Zupan December 18, 2013 - 8:13 am

I made these today and they turned out great! I made a few changes. I used Wild Turkey American Honey Bourbon; it’s only 70 proof so I increased the amount to 75ml and added a bit more pecans and Nilla wafers until I had a smooth but firm dough. As an alternate, I rolled part of the batch in powdered sugar and coated the rest according to the recipe..

Erika Follansbee December 16, 2013 - 7:52 pm

I’m such a rum ball fan, and THESE just sound amazing to add a little variety to my collection!

Cyndi December 16, 2012 - 7:19 pm

Made these today! They are great. Will be a great addition to my cookie plates this year!

kelly @ kellybakes December 12, 2012 - 3:15 pm

I was just thinking about how I wanted to find more recipes with eggnog flavor this year. I hope I can find the candy melts! [If not, I can at least have a glass of bourbon, right?]

Lisa Eirene (@LisaEirene) December 12, 2012 - 11:11 am

What a delicious idea! I love eggnog flavored desserts!

FarmgirlGourmet December 12, 2012 - 11:18 am

Thank you Lisa. The candy melts taste just like eggnog. So yum! Thanks for commenting. πŸ™‚

Lisa December 11, 2012 - 6:07 pm

These are delightful. Heather! I love white Christmas treats and really love the dark interior with the vanilla wafers and other goodies. Brilliant idea! That said..my challah was from 2009 after knee surgery and rehab. I was so thrilled to bake again, much less stand on two feet!!

FarmgirlGourmet December 12, 2012 - 12:29 pm

After I commented I realized it was an older post. Oops. πŸ™‚ Still you make some awesome Challah and you need to teach me the 5 braid. I can only muster a 3. πŸ™‚

Ashley - baker by nature December 11, 2012 - 4:42 pm

This is brilliant! Bourbon is my winter go-to, and eggnog is a perfect match: making these!

FarmgirlGourmet December 11, 2012 - 4:51 pm

Let me know how you like them Ashley! Bourbon is my go-to – always. πŸ™‚ I’m kind of obsessed. Anyway, thanks for commenting!!

Donna Currie December 11, 2012 - 4:14 pm

YES! Oh YES!!! I can imagine these wouldn’t last long in my house. With just me, stuffing these into my face every time I walked past them.

FarmgirlGourmet December 11, 2012 - 4:29 pm

you and me both Donna. One here, 2 there…all gone. πŸ™‚

Cathy @ Noble Pig December 11, 2012 - 4:02 pm

I love my balls with bourbon. Oops, that didn’t sound right. These sound amazing!!

FarmgirlGourmet December 11, 2012 - 4:29 pm

LOL. Saying “balls” makes me think of the SNL skit with Alec Balwin – it makes me snicker! Thanks for commenting…they were amazing (we ate the last ones today). Time to make mas!! πŸ™‚

claire (@realnutritioncg) December 11, 2012 - 1:50 pm

OH MY GOD YES.

FarmgirlGourmet December 11, 2012 - 2:07 pm

LOL Claire. I wish I could share with you…but they are all gone. Time to make more, I think! πŸ™‚

the wicked noodle (@thewickednoodle) December 11, 2012 - 12:20 pm

I love my bourbon, too! Which is exactly why I know I’d love these balls (that, and the fact that they look delicious AND that you made them)!

FarmgirlGourmet December 11, 2012 - 12:26 pm

Ha Kristy! You’re too sweet. XO and Happy Holidays friend. I miss your face!!

Comments are closed.