A fun recipe for Chocolate Kahlua Hydrangea Cupcakes using a box of devil’s food cake. Pipe small rosette’s and you’ll end up with a hydrangea look that’s sure to wow.
This is my super secret recipe for Chocolate Kahlua cake. It’s the easiest recipe ever and the cake is super moist with the hint of Kahlua that elevates beyond the norm.
You can make it into a bundt, or a sheet cake.
You can make it into a 3 layer cake with decadent frosting.
Or you can make cupcakes. Lots of cupcakes. I wish I had 1 or 4 of them right now! I hope you enjoy this easy and versatile recipe as much as I do.
Chocolate Hydrangea Cupcakes
- 1 Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Kahula
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line muffin tin with papers and set aside.
- Mix first 5 ingredients together with a stand mixer or hand mixer until incorporated well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- For Cupcakes: fill muffin tin lined with papers to 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For Cake: spray the pan with cooking spray (no flour) and bake for 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Use Wilton tip #224 to pipe the frosting or top with powdered sugar and fresh berries.