Today is a special day and not because there’s cherry bourbon, but because it’s the birthday celebration of my sweet friend Rachel from RachelCooks.com. Rach and I met 2 years ago when we both signed on to promote Emeril’s cookbook Sizzling Skillets. We became fast friends and I can now honestly say that she is one of my besties. I know that she would do anything for me…and the feeling is mutual. Amazing how the blogosphere works its magic sometimes. Several of her blogging friends decided to get together and throw a little Birthday Bash for her. Make sure you check out the other deliciousness (links below).
My other sweet bestie Brandy from NutmegNanny.com put the word out that we should celebrate Miss Rachel’s day. After all, you’re only 30 once! Check out what everyone else made:
- Blueberry Vodka Lemonade – Nutmeg Nanny
- Sweet Cherry Sangria – Sweet Remedy
- Blueberry Limeade – Miss in the Kitchen
- Basil Pesto Hummus with Toasted Pinenuts – The Lemon Bowl
- Heirloom Tomato Bacon Shortcakes – The Baker Chick
- Easy S’Mores Popcorn Pops – Pineapple & Coconut
Either it’s been a really hot week – or we are some seriously thirsty bloggers! Either way, this super easy Black Cherry Bourbon is a great treat to have waiting for you in the fridge. It’s a cinch to make and I think Rach would approve.