I took a poll on Facebook asking what you wanted to see for an upcoming post. It was a evident that you all wanted some homemade Hamburger Helper style Beef Stroganoff. I’m a giver, so here I am…serving it up!
This recipe is so easy to make. I based if off my recipe for original Hamburger Helper with a few tweaks. One bite from the Hubs and he was in HH heaven…..again. That man likes his hamburger helper.
I tossed in a few mushrooms because I happen to like them. If you want to keep it original, then just omit them. I won’t call the Mushroom Council and tattle on you. Swear.
This collage was swapped…add the beef stock and milk then the spices. Someone needs to fire the QA lady. Or give her more java.
Cover and let that baby simmer for 10 minutes or until the pasta is done to your liking. Last, add in the sour cream and ring the dinner bell.
Beef Stroganoff – Hamburger Helper Style
A quick family-pleaser made in one pot. No need to buy the boxed stuff ever again. It's easy to make from scratch!
- 4 large mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 cups milk (I used fat free)
- 1 1/2 cups hot water (or beef stock)
- 1/2 teaspoon Better than Bouillon Beef Base (omit if using pre made beef stock)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2/3 cup sour cream (I used light)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and brown the mushrooms. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the ground beef and brown. Discard all but 1 teaspoon of fat. Bring back to medium high heat and add the noodles, milk, beef stock, mushrooms, cornstarch, salt, pepper and paprika. Stir to combine and cover. Lower the heat to medium and allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked through.
- Add the sour cream and simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of www.farmgirlgourmet.com. Reprinting without permission is unethical.