Easy Cinnamon Dolce Latte

A quick and easy recipe for a DIY Cinnamon Dolce Latte just like the drink found at your favorite Starbucks.

Cinnamon Dolce Latte | farmgirlgourmet.com
Yesterday I showed you how to make frothy milk with only the microwave and a mason jar.  Today…let’s put that gloriously light and fluffy milk to use.  If you’re anything like me, you love to swing by the local coffee conglomerate shop for a $6 warm coffee beverage.  Maybe it’s a Pumpkin Spiced Latte or some other coffee concoction.  One of my favorites is the Cinnamon Dolce Latte.  It’s the perfect balance of sweet, spice and java.  So of course, I had to give it a shot at home.  Right?  The result is an easy to make, no fancy espresso maker required, Nora Jones free, Cinnamon Dolce Latte.

Start off with water and cinnamon sticks.  Bring to a boil and let those puppies steep for 10 minutes.  The water will be a beautiful reddish orange color and the house will smell like Christmas.

Toss the spent cinnamon sticks and add brown sugar.  Now the house is going to smell even better.  Heat until the brown sugar is dissolved.

Cool.

Kewl.

Store the syrup in a jar in the fridge for a quick and delish edition to your next coffee or read on for an easy latte.

Brew up some strong coffee or use a stove-top espresso maker called a Bialetti.  Use this quick and easy recipe for frothed milk and assemble some deliciousness in a jiff for a fraction of the cost.

Mmmmmhmmm.  Time to go make another!
Easy Cinnamon Dolce Latte

Yield: 2 Servings

Easy Cinnamon Dolce Latte

An easy make at home Cinnamon Dolce Latte recipe for a coffee chain fave.

• 1 1/2 cups water
  • 3 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
  • 1 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • Assemble:
  • 3 tablespoons cinnamon dolce syrup
  • 1 cup strong brewed coffee
  • 1 cup frothed milk

1. In a small saucepan, add the water and cinnamon sticks.  Bring to a boil, turn off heat and put a lid on the saucepan.  Let steep 10 minutes.  Discard cinnamon sticks and add the brown sugar to the cinnamon water mixture.  Return to medium heat and stir until the brown sugar is dissolved.  Remove from stove and allow to cool completely.  Store in a sealed jar or container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
  2. Assembly:
  3. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the cinnamon dolce syrup into 2 mugs.  Add 1/2 cup coffee to each mug and stir to combine.  Pour in 1/2 of the frothed milk to each mug and spoon foam on top of each.  Serve immediately.

Love this Cinnamon Dolce Latte recipe?  Check out these other easy drink recipes:

Melanir
    August 12, 2015 at 1:00 pm

How should I store this?

August 13, 2015 at 8:10 pm

you can store the cinnamon syrup in an airtight container in your refrigerator.

50+ Copycat Starbucks Recipes
    July 30, 2015 at 7:56 am

[…] Easy Cinnamon Dolce Latte via Farmgirl Gourmet […]

April
    May 5, 2015 at 11:44 am

I jave fot to tell you this is amazing! Thank you for sharing! I live in a beach city, and the starbucks close to my house are on ocean blvd. The city expects me to pay for one hour parking on the street even though ill only be in starbucks 5 minutes. This is amazing how close it comes. Did u figure this out on your own? Regardless i love it!

Cinnamon Vogue
    October 29, 2014 at 8:46 pm

This is fabulous. I might suggest slow boiling the cinnamon sticks on medium low eat (30 minutes and then let sit for for another 30 minutes when it goes from a muddy brown into a deep golden reddish color. We use Ceylon cinnamon (we are biased since we sell the stuff).

Cliff
    September 19, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Being a flavored simple syrup, I would think the syrup wouldn’t require refrigeration and would be shelf stable like other syrups–lasting much longer than the two weeks mentioned. Has anyone stored it longer?

Tracy
    August 29, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I would like to make frape with the syrup how should I go about doing thAt I have a frappe maker

Deb
    August 4, 2014 at 12:27 pm

This tastes good iced as well! Just chill the coffee & add cold milk :)))

Deb
      August 4, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Oh yeah, and don’t forget a couple of ice cubes!

Muna
    May 20, 2014 at 5:49 am

I made this with black tea….very delicious…

Gia McCarthy
    April 30, 2014 at 10:53 am

I am excited to try this recipe, but using only organic cinnamon sticks and organic brown sugar. Then I will steam my organic milk and add this syrup to it…Much healthier than the ingredients they put in a Starbuck Cinnamon Dolce Syrup. 🙂

Debra
    March 1, 2014 at 7:05 am

Is this sugar in the raw or brown sugar?

ericka
    February 17, 2014 at 7:54 pm

I just wanted to say again I love love love this recipe. It’s my new daily, I don’t even look at Starbucks the and way!

Beth
    February 2, 2014 at 5:32 pm

SO good! Discovered this on pinterest – thanks for sharing, you’ve probably already saved me $5!

February 3, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Yay…hopefully it will save you 100 times $5 in the long run! 🙂

Nancy
    January 28, 2014 at 1:37 am

Can’t wait to try this. I will try to do my best to keep from buying at Starbucks. When you say 3 t tablespoons of the syrup, do you mean 1 1/2 tablespoons per cup since you state 1 cup of coffee and 1 cup of frothed milk divided. Thanks

January 28, 2014 at 9:09 am

Exactly! My recipe writing skills have improved a tad since this post. 🙂 I need to go back and edit some of the oldies but goodies. Thanks for commenting and I hope you love it as much as we do. That syrup is addicting stuff. I use it in black coffee and skip the milk most of the time. Cinnamon is healthy for you, right? 🙂 Thanks again!

Mindy Johnston
    January 5, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Great recipe! I altered it slightly the second time I made it using agave nectar for the white sugar and Splenda brown sugar blend for brown sugar… Tasted the same but much lower glycemic index for those watching their sugar intake!! I love that I can make my favorite latte at home without paying $4.75 a pop!!

Scott
    November 21, 2013 at 12:30 am

REALLY good! Thanks so much! I’ve tried a couple of other recipes from the web, and they were WAY too sweet (one called for 1/4 CUP of sugar for ONE CDL serving!) This was sweet without being too sweet, and absolutely delicious. Made one for my wife, her sister, and myself this afternoon, and we all LOVED it!

Fallon
    November 19, 2013 at 5:22 am

I want to kiss you! I spent lots of money on CDL’s everyday. Now with my nespresso machine and your recipe, it tastes BETTER then Starbucks. I’m in HEAVEN! The only thing I changed was I used Turbinado sugar. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

Dee
    August 4, 2013 at 6:28 am

Thank you!! I have to have a venti CDL everyday and recently I figured out how much im spending on SBUX a week!! I used organic cinnamon, sugar, milk and coffee, let me tell you, this was better than the $5-something I spend on CDL at Starbucks everyday! Not only that, the ingredients were too quality and organic. I did the math and it came to be cheaper than the venti CDL and Starbucks. Thank you so much! REALLY! I feel so much smarter because of you! 🙂

Dee
      August 4, 2013 at 6:29 am

*i meant “ingredients were TOP quality…..” Not too quality lol

we3creations
    June 14, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!! I shared it on my blog here…http://we3creations.wordpress.com/2013/06/14/sparklies-and-a-tasty-coffee-syrup/
    We love it so much around here I have to make it quite often. We add it to coffee.

Sparklies and a Tasty Coffee Syrup | We3 Creations
    June 14, 2013 at 4:14 pm

[…] be the recipe I’ve been talking about. I found this recipe by Farmgirl Gourmet for “Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Latte” and let me just tell you even if you don’t make this into a latte, it’s divine! […]

sherry
    May 25, 2013 at 5:28 am

Oh my gosh!!! I love Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Lattes so much!! I just tried this and its amazing!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!

May 25, 2013 at 8:46 am

I love it too Sherry! I keep a supply in my fridge during the winter months – I can’t get enough of it. So glad you enjoyed it too!! Thanks for commenting. ~heather

Ben Cox (@bencox34)
    March 31, 2013 at 11:43 am

I love that you suggested using a moka pot! (Bialetti) I can’t wait to try it!
    Another of my favorite lattes I make at home is a Sweet Georgia Brown –
    6 oz moka pot coffee
    6 oz(or so..) frothed milk
    tablespoon honey
    tablespoon (or two) brown sugar

Holly Beth Belisle
    March 8, 2013 at 8:30 am

Hello! I was wondering, do you think it would work to use ground cinnamon? I don’t have any cinnamon sticks on hand.

March 8, 2013 at 8:53 am

hi Holly Beth…I have never made it that way, so iI am not sure how well it would turn out. my gut reaction is that it might be too chalky or gritty unless you strain through a coffee filter. let me know how it goes if you decide to do it that way. xo ~H

Iza
        February 13, 2014 at 6:21 am

I tried doing it with ground cinnamon, Epic fail… you should definitely use sticks. It takes forever and a day to pass it through a coffee filter because it becomes very thick. Ended up throwing it all away. I will try the version with the sticks tonight

ericka
    February 18, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Heather you are awesomely creative, thanks so much. Could you please tell me how to froth the milk since you said the microwave was a nogo?! BTW, the cinnimon dolce sauce was delish!!

February 20, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Ericka – one way to do it is to put 1/2 cup or so of milk in a large mason jar (spaghetti sauce sized). Put the lid on it, shake it vigorously until it begins to foam, REMOVE THE LID (important) and place in the microwave for a 30-60 seconds (you know your nuker best, gauge the time accordingly). Watch the milk as it can sometimes grow in the microwave and pour out over the sides. This works great for me and requires no frothing machines or espresso makers. 🙂 Just please remember to remove the lib before microwaving..or you could burn yourself! Hope that helps. Now I need a Cinnamon Dolce latte. 🙂

Ericka
        February 21, 2013 at 3:24 pm

never thought of that, thanks again!!

Debra
        March 1, 2014 at 7:07 am

I also have a wonderful frother that I use daily after I heat the milk in the microwave for 30 seconds.

SaraK
    October 23, 2012 at 8:27 am

For what its worth, the local ethnic market has awesome, fresh cinnamon sticks WAY cheaper than any other store I have found.

Kevin
      October 27, 2013 at 8:32 am

Do you have to wait two we

Kevin
        October 27, 2013 at 8:34 am

Two weeks

October 27, 2013 at 9:40 am

It can be used right away. I will last 2 in the fridge. Hope that helps.