Yesterday I showed you how to make frothy milk with only the microwave and a mason jar. Today…let’s put that gloriously light and fluffy milk to use. If you’re anything like me, you love to swing by the local coffee conglomerate shop for a $6 warm coffee beverage. Maybe it’s a Pumpkin Spiced Latte or some other coffee concoction. One of my favorites is the Cinnamon Dolce Latte. It’s the perfect balance of sweet, spice and java. So of course, I had to give it a shot at home. Right? The result is an easy to make, no fancy espresso maker required, Nora Jones free, Cinnamon Dolce Latte.
An easy make at home Cinnamon Dolce Latte recipe for a coffee chain fave.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon dolce syrup
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup frothed milk
- In a small saucepan, add the water and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, turn off heat and put a lid on the saucepan. Let steep 10 minutes. Discard cinnamon sticks and add the brown sugar to the cinnamon water mixture. Return to medium heat and stir until the brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from stove and allow to cool completely. Store in a sealed jar or container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the cinnamon dolce syrup into 2 mugs. Add 1/2 cup coffee to each mug and stir to combine. Pour in 1/2 of the frothed milk to each mug and spoon foam on top of each. Serve immediately.