One of the things I love more than anything is making a hearty breakfast for my family. There’s something about cooking up something delicious for the first meal of the day that fills my heart with joy. Now, I’m not talking about a giant breakfast, I am a busy mom, that’s a fact Jack. So how do you whip up something healthy and hearty in a short time? One way is using leftovers and another is using products like Simply Potatoes, like I did for this recipe. If you have an easy recipe using only 5 ingredients, you should enter it into the Simply Potatoes sweepstakes! The winner gets $3000! Imagine all the goodies you could make with $3000!
Don’t forget me when you’re rich and famous! :) Let’s get back to this delicious recipe. I whipped this plate of YUM up in a jiff! I used Simply Potatoes Mashed Potatoes because they are fresh potatoes use only real ingredients and heated them in the microwave. Then added them to a hot skillet sprayed with cooking spray in patties and crisped them up. They will be a bit loose, but that makes them crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Flip carefully! I heated up a can of seasoned black beans while the potato pancakes were cooking and then sliced up some avocado, fried a few eggs and to top it all off, I drizzled it with bottled salsa. Everything is done before the potato pancakes are done. All that’s left is 4 hungry bellies and some forks.
This was a big hit and every gobbled it right up! How’s that for a quick breakfast that won’t have you slaving over the hot stove for hours? I know, I’m a giver. Here’s the recipe. Make sure you make it soon!
A quick and hearty breakfast only using 5 ingredients.
- 24oz package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 15oz can seasoned black beans (or plain and season to your liking)
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Heat the mashed potatoes according to manufacturer instructions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Portion the hot mashed potatoes into 4 patties. Press lightly to flatten. Cook until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side for another 5 minutes.
- While the potato pancakes are cooking, heat black beans until warm, set aside.
- In another skillet, fry eggs to your liking.
- Place the potato pancake on a plate and top with black beans, avocado slices, an egg and drizzle with your favorite salsa. Serve immediately.
For rules on how to enter the Sweepstakes click here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes. The opinions and text are all mine.