Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Yield 6 servings
A crazy fun recipe for a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie that is filled with silky dark chocolate pudding and topped with brown sugar whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- 1 tube Not Without Salt Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (or your favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough)
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 3 oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- shaved dark chocolate
- flaked sea salt (optional)
- Make the cookie dough as directed on the tube. Press into mini pie crust pan and chill 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350º F and bake the cookie crusts for 12-14 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the whole milk and dark chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until pale. Add the cornstarch, kosher salt and vanilla and whisk to combine. Pour a slow stream of the milk mixture into the egg mixture while whisking constantly. Once completely added, pour the milk and egg mixture back into the saucepan and return to medium heat and cook 6-8 minutes, until thick and bubbly. Stir 1 minute to smooth.
- Pour warm pudding mixture into the cooled cookie pie crusts. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing lightly onto pudding to prevent a skin from forming. Chill 2-3 hours.
- In a medium bowl add the heavy whipping cream and brown sugar. Beat with a hand blender until stiff peaks and thick, about 3 minutes. Spoon on to chilled cookie pies and top with shaved chocolate and flaked sea salt, if using, and serve.
Recipe by Farmgirl Gourmet at https://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2015/06/chocolate-chip-cookie-pie.html