This is an incredibly easy recipe for Chinese Chicken Wraps. Think: Chinese Chicken Salad deconstructed into a wrap. So good.
If I’m out and there’s Chinese Chicken Salad on the menu, 9 times out of 10, I will order it. There’s something about the mix of greens, chicken and crispy wontons that gets me salivating every single time. What better way to eat your salad than in a wrap? No fork, easy to pack. It’s a two-fer.
How to make Chinese Chicken Salad Wraps
The general consensus was that I should make these wraps every day for their school lunch. The husband also agreed that there should be one extra one made for him as well. So I guess you can say that this recipe is a keeper. I hope you give it a try and love it as much as we did. Here’s the recipe. Enjoy!
Chinese Chicken Wraps
- 4 tortilla wraps of your choice
- 5 wonton wrappers sliced into strips
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- cooking spray
- 3 cups romaine lettuce coarse chopped
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into matchstick sized pieces
- 2 mandarin oranges peeled and sectioned
- 2 scallions sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and add wonton strips. Toss to coat in cooking spray. Bake 5 minutes, or until starting to lightly brow and get crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Increase oven to broil. Spray same rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and add chicken breasts. In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil. Brush chicken breasts on both sides and broil until golden and cooked through, turning once, about 10-15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly. Dice and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a 1/2 pint mason jar add the dressing ingredients and cap. Shake vigorously until dressing is combined. Pour over chicken and stir to coat.
- Lay 1 wrap on a work surface and add 1/4 of each: prepared chicken, romaine, carrots, cabbage, mandarins, scallions and wonton chips. Fold edges in and roll to make the wrap. Repeat with remaining wraps. Serve immediately.