Pickled Red Onions
A quick pickled red onion recipe that's a perfect topping for your favorite burger or hot dog. Add aromatics of choice to kick it up.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 20 black peppercorns
- 1 arbol chile pod
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- To a 16 ounce jar, or medium bowl, add the water, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, peppercorns, chile and garlic. Stir to dissolve sugar and salt. Add the red onion slices and set aside for 15-20 minutes. Longer, if desired. Serve on your favorite burger.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week if not using right away.
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Farmgirl Gourmet at https://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2014/09/pickled-red-onions.html