I am a brand representative of Ragú® & was compensated for this post.
I am one busy momma. I run 4 companies at a time and still need to run a house full of kids, a husband and a slew of four-legged creatures. Dinnertime can sometimes be the last thing I want to think about after a busy day of wearing several hats.
Ragú® reached out and asked if I’d be up for the challenge of creating a quick weeknight meal that wasn’t bogged down with 8 million ingredients. Something a busy Mom would whip together to feed an army. I knew I was ready to accept so I wouldn’t have to see the “chicken again” faces around here.
Part of the challenge was to take a recipe from Ragú® website and make it my own using Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce and have it ready to eat in no more than 40 minutes. Lasagna? That never takes less than 40 but I knew that’s what I wanted to make.
This is one tasty skillet of cheesy goodness. No, it’s not your typical lasagna with layers, but for a dinner in under 30, it hits the mark! Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional sauce helps make this dish even better with its thick texture. Each jar has 11 juicy tomatoes and it’s packed with rich flavor. This recipe is a great base to add in any veggies that are in season or even switch it up by using ground turkey or chicken in place of sausage. The possibilities are endless, but the result will be delicious.
Easy Cheesy Skillet Lasagna
Yield 6-8 servings
A quick weeknight meal in under 30 minutes. Easy Cheesy Skillet Lasagna is easy and tasty.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground spicy sausage
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce, or other red sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1-package No Boil lasagna sheets, broken
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- 8 ounces ricotta
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella, shredded, divided
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, minced
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Swirl to coat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage, red pepper and mushrooms and sauté until meat is cooked through about 5 minutes. Add the jar of sauce, broken lasagna noodles, water, and rosemary. Stir to combine.
- Cover and turn heat down to medium-low. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is al dente. Remove the lid and add the ricotta, 2/3 of the cheese and the parsley and stir to combine. Top with remaining mozzarella and serve immediately.
Courses Main Course