Pumpkin Chocolate Tiramisu
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur (such as Frangelico)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper and spray lightly again. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt together until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer with paddle attachment beat the eggs until pale yellow, about 5 minutes. Add the baking blend and beat until fluffy. Add the pumpkin puree and mix on low until combined. Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips and mix on low until just combined. Pour into prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the top is spongy. Remove from oven and allow to rest in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
For the Coffee Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, add the baking blend, water, and coffee. Bring just to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the hazelnut liqueur. Set aside.
For the Mascarpone Cream:
- In a medium bowl add the whipping cream, mascarpone cheese, and maple syrup. Beat until medium stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Cut the cooled cake into the shapes you'll be using for your chosen dishes. Drizzle with the coffee syrup. Allow to rest for a minute, and then drizzle again. Pipe some of the mascarpone cream over the cake and top with another layer of cake. Drizzle again, twice. Top with remaining mascarpone cream, cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
Recipe by Farmgirl Gourmet at https://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2013/11/pumpkin-chocolate-tiramisu.html