Pesto Chicken Cups
Yield 6 servings
A quick appetizer or first course using cubed chicken, pesto and Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells. Serve room temperature or heat in a 300º oven for 10 minutes.
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells, cooked according to package, cooled
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 2 teaspoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon julienned roasted red pepper (for garnish, optional)
- Cook Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells according to package. Remove tops and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, add the cubed chicken, shallot, mayonnaise, pesto and pine nuts. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into the shells and garnish with red pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Farmgirl Gourmet at https://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2013/11/puff-pastry-pesto-chicken.html