If you’re still on the hunt for appetizers for Thanksgiving, or maybe your looking ahead to the upcoming December entertaining frenzy, either way, you should add this recipe to your list. It’s super easy to make using roasted chicken and prepared pesto from the grocery store, or you can use homemade, either way it’s easy, fast and delicious.
There are 6 of these disks of flaky deliciousness in the package, so make sure you plan accordingly if you’re feeding a crowd. One Puff Pastry Pesto Chicken is plenty per person, unless you’re 12 and are my son. He managed to power through 2 of them and then started snooping around for a third. He’s been begging me to make them again on a daily basis. I think he was impressed. Or hungry. Probably both.
Pepperidge Farm® reached out and asked if I’d like to create an easy entertaining recipe using either their puff pastry sheets, shells or cups. It needed to be easy for the busy hostess with the mostest to whip up and equally delicious. If you ask a 12 year old, I hit the mark.
Prepare the shells as directed on the package and while they bake, you can make the filling. They can be served at room temperature or you can pop them back in the oven after filling and heat them slowly and serve warm. After photographing, my husband and I nibbled on a room temperature filled shell, and then again later with it warmed. Either way – they are delish.
What would you fill the puff pastry shells with? Sweet? Savory? Pesto Chicken? 🙂 I’d love to know. I’m looking forward to making them again but filling with a sweet concoction. Imagine pumpkin pie filling. Oh my!
Happy Holidays to you! I hope your turkey is moist, your cup runneth over with joy and that you have all that are near and dear to you close enough to hug.
Pesto Chicken Cups
Yield 6 servings
A quick appetizer or first course using cubed chicken, pesto and Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells. Serve room temperature or heat in a 300º oven for 10 minutes.
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells, cooked according to package, cooled
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 2 teaspoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon julienned roasted red pepper (for garnish, optional)
- Cook Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells according to package. Remove tops and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, add the cubed chicken, shallot, mayonnaise, pesto and pine nuts. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into the shells and garnish with red pepper. Serve immediately.
Dislcaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. The opinions and text are all mine.