AZTEC KAHLÚA HOT COCOA
Yield 4 servings
Aztec Kahlúa Hot Cocoa is a mix of spicy, sweet and Mocha Kahlúa rum. Perfect for warming up the adults on a chilly winter day.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of Kosher salt (optional)
- 1 cup Mocha Kahlúa
- In a large saucepan, add the milk, heavy cream, chocolate, espresso powder, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt. Warm slowly over medium-low heat, until chocolate is melted. When warm enough to serve, add the Kahlúa and stir to combine.
- Ladle into mugs and serve immediately with marshmallows or sweetened whipped cream.
Recipe by Farmgirl Gourmet at https://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2013/11/aztec-kahlua-hot-cocoa.html