I can’t even believe it…we are at the half way mark of the Kickstarter! It’s been a whirlwind of fun and best of all the support from people we don’t even know saying how much they love the Spiceologist Block™. We are super stoked and are ready for the final phase of the Kickstarter. If you haven’t pledged, you should do it today!!
Here’s a little info about Kickstarter to help answer any questions you may have:
What Kickstarter Is:
- Pledging: pledging today does not mean you will be charged today. It means that at the end of the campaign (August 11th for our Kickstarter) IF the project is successful and we meet our goal of $50,000 – you will receive an email from Kickstarter letting you know that you will now be charged. If (for some horrible reason) the project fails to meet the minimum goal, then you are charged NOTHING. It’s all or nothing baby.
- If you’ve backed a project that is still live and are seeing a charge on your bank statement, what you are likely seeing is a temporary authorization of funds. The time it takes for an authorization to clear varies on the bank, but typically takes 1 – 3 days. You will not be charged until the project you backed has ended successfully.
- Backing a project is more than just giving someone money, it’s supporting their dream to create something that they want to see exist in the world.
- What if you overfund? (raise more than your goal) Sometimes when a project is overfunded it lets the creator put that money back into the project to create something better for the backers and themselves. And can help a small business grow to the next level.
What Kickstarter Isn’t
- Equity in the company or brand. You are pledging to receive something of value as a Thank You for supporting a great idea. Pledging on a successful project doesn’t mean you own part of the brand.