Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
Yield 4-6 servings
So sticky and so delicious.
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sriracha (or other hot pepper sauce)
- black pepper
- 10 chicken drumsticks, skin removed and discarded
- toasted sesame seeds
- In a sauce pan add the honey, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sriracha and season to taste with black pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the temperature and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sugars have dissolved and the sauce is beginning to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, add the skinned chicken drumsticks and pour the sauce over. Move the chicken around a bit with tongs to coat completely. Put the lid on and cook on high for 4 hours, flipping chicken a couple of times during the cooking process. Just before serving, sprinkle with torn cilantro leaves and sesame seeds.
- Serve with steamed white rice and your favorite veggie and devour!
Courses Main Course
Recipe by Farmgirl Gourmet at https://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2013/04/slow-cooker-sticky-chicken-drumsticks.html