Teriyaki Loco Moco
Yield 4 servings
A quick Loco Moco recipe that is a satisfying bowl of rice, hamburger patty, fried egg and topped with homemade teriyaki sauce and brown gravy. It may not be beautiful, but it's Heaven in a bowl.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 eggs, fried to taste
- Teriyaki sauces
- brown gravy (homemade or canned)
- crushed red pepper flakes, for serving
- Sriracha sauce, for serving
- sliced green onions, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, bring the 4 cups of water to a boil, add the rice and stir. Cover with a lid and turn down the heat to low. Cook rice according to the package instructions for time. Conversely you can use a rice cooker.
- Mix the first 8 ingredients (beef through salt and pepper) in a medium bowl until well combined. Form into 4 patties and grill or broil to preferred doneness.
- To Serve: scoop 1 cup of rice per plate, top with 1 burger and drizzle with the teriyaki sauce and brown gravy. Top with a fried egg and sprinkle a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes & sliced green onions. Serve immediately with a bottle of Sriracha and a cold Hawaiian beer.
Courses Breakfast, Main Course
Recipe by Farmgirl Gourmet at https://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2012/08/teriyaki-loco-moco.html