Yield 8 servings
This recipe for Huckleberry Scones is an easy base recipe that you could use with all different seasonal berries.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons, unsalted butter, cut into cubes and frozen
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed huckleberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse until it looks like coarse meal. Add the sour cream, milk and huckleberries, pulse just until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and pat to make an 8 inch circle. Use a knife to cut into 8 wedges. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 17-20 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Recipe by Farmgirl Gourmet at https://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2012/08/huckleberry-scones.html