Thyme & Mixed Berry Tom Collins
Yield 2 Cocktails
A quick and refreshing cocktail that will have your guests raising their glasses for another. Adapted from Bakeaholic Mama’s recipe for Raspberry Thyme Tom Collins
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon key lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 3 sprigs Thyme, leaves only.
- 2 shots Gin
- tonic water
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and lime juice and heat over medium-low flame, just until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a martini shaker add the raspberries, strawberries and thyme leaves, reserving 2 raspberries for garnish. Use a muddler or wooden spoon handle and crush the fruit and thyme. Fill shaker 2/3 full with ice and add the gin. Put the top on and shake shake shake. Strain into 2 glasses and top with tonic water. Garnish with a raspberry and Cheers!
Recipe by Farmgirl Gourmet at https://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2012/07/thyme-mixed-berry-tom-collins.html