Roasted Beet Salad with Fried Goat Cheese Croutons is an easy recipe that is made incredibly delicious with the addition of the easy and scrumptious goat cheese croutons.
Looking for a refreshing summer salad? Well, look no further. This roasted beet salad with sweet green grapes and tangy goat cheese croutons will satisfy the hungriest eater. The recipe is from Chef Ben Sargent of Hook, Line & Dinner on Cooking Channel TV from his 2000 mile journey to surprise a scientist stuck in the desert with fresh food. Want to know more? Read on…..
I was recently contacted by GE about a new ad campaign for their french door refrigerator called GE Freshpedition. It’s a fun adventure where Justin Berger, a GE Engineer, hops in a truck with Ben Sargent, a celebrity chef from Hook, Line & Dinner at the Louisville, Kentucky GE Appliance factory and head 2000 miles with a GE french door fridge strapped to the back. They are tasked with sourcing fresh food along the way to fill the fridge before they arrive in the remote desert of Texas and cook it up.
Let’s make some salad? Shall we?
Roasted Beet Salad with Fried Goat Cheese Croutons
- 1 large beet 3 medium or 8 baby, scrubbed and tops removed
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces goat cheese firm kind usually sold in logs
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup bib lettuce washed, dried
- 8 cups romaine washed, dried and torn into pieces
- 1 cup arugula washed, dried
- 1 bunch seedless grapes washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place beets in aluminum foil and drizzle with the 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, wrap and place on a baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature and remove skins. Slice into thin rounds. Set aside.
- Slice the goat cheese into 8 equal rounds. Place the flour, egg and panko on separate plates. Toss each slice of goat cheese in flour, then egg and finally in panko. Set aside. Heat the 1 cup vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the cheese until golden about 1 minute, flip over and repeat. Drain on paper towels. Cheese should not be runny.
- Combine lettuces in a large bowl. Add grapes, croutons, 2 tablespoons olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat. Add the sliced beets and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Disclaimer: Beet Salad recipe reprinted with permission. This post is not sponsored and I was not compensated for writing it. All opinions are my own.
Heather is a recipe developer and content creator living in Vancouver, Washington. She started Farmgirl Gourmet in 2006, almost 20 years ago, as a way to share recipes with friends and family. Heather is also the co-founder of Spiceology , a unique spice company, which she started in 2013. She shares family friendly recipes for easy everyday meals with a gourmet twist.