Cacao Cream Tart
Yield 8-10 servings
Easy cream tart is as rich as a cheesecake but is no bake.
- 1 1/2 cups ground chocolate wafers (about 26)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup cacao bliss, or other nut butter like peanut or cashew
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, grind the cookies into a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and mix well to combine. Press the cookie mixture into a tart pan, or pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the cream cheese and cacao bliss, mix well with a hand mixer. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla and with the whisk attachment, beat until soft peaks form. Add half of the whipped cream mixture to the cream cheese mixture and whisk to combine. Fold in the remaining whipped cream mixture carefully and add to the cooled cookie crust.
- Set a small bowl over a pan of simmering water and add the white chocolate. When the chocolate looks melted, stir briefly to combine. Remove from the heat and pour into a small piping bag fitted with a small tip or a zip-top lunch bag and snip the corner. Pipe the white chocolate from the center out to the edge. Use a small paring knife and gently drag it over the white chocolate to create a webbed effect. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.
Recipe by Farmgirl Gourmet at https://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2012/05/cacao-bliss-cream-tart.html