Home Beverages Hazelnut Chocolate Caffe

Hazelnut Chocolate Caffe

by FarmgirlGourmet

So, I have a confession to make.  I am completely addicted to Stumble Upon.  If you use it, you know what I’m talking about.  Right?  RIGHT?  If you’ve never used it, go sign up and be prepared to watch the hours go ticking by.  It’s kind of like Pinterest for websites.  Which, by the way, is my other major weakness.  Ok, let’s get back to the point before I abandon this post to go Stumble or Pin something.

I was “stumbling” the other night and came across my friend Miss’ blog Miss in the Kitchen.  I usually stop by her blog and comment on her posts and for whatever reason I didn’t notice the post for Cinnamon Nutella Hot Cocoa.  Maybe the moon and sun were in a strange pattern of waxing or waning, or maybe I’m just making this up to make myself feel better for totally missing this amazing post.  Whichever it is, I managed to “stumble” on it yesterday and basically read the post, put down my iPad and promptly went to the kitchen.  The kids were stoked that the Nutella was coming out of the cupboard, the Hubs was open to the idea of adding some espresso to the cocoa and I was making it as fast as I could so I could savor….every….sip!

Go stop by and say HI to Miss and tell her I sent ya.  She’s a sweetie and has some amazing recipes on her blog!!  So, should we make some coffee??

Hazelnut Chocolate Caffe
[print]

2 cups milk
2 tablespoons Nutella
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling on top
1 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee
whipped cream

Directions
1 In a small saucepan, heat the milk, Nutella and cinnamon and whisk to combine.

2 Add 1/2 cup of espresso to 2 coffee mugs, divide the milk mixture between the 2 mugs and top with whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon.  Serve.

Makes 2 Servings

Note:

13 comments

Fahad Khan November 12, 2011 - 4:26 pm

Nutella is one magical ingredient.I wouldn’t mind at all,calling it a taste of paradise,when added to a preparation it makes it equally heavenly too.
For example,Nutella crepes – Warm crepes with Nutella,sliced bananas and a small,soft peak of whipped cream by the side!Yummy!
‘Hazelnut Chocolate Caffe’ looks delicious,I better note down/bookmark the recipe!
Thank you for sharing.:-)

Eliotseats November 10, 2011 - 8:38 pm

My husband has never had Nutella. (I know, I can’t believe I am just finding out about this little secret.) I don’t know of a better way to introduce him to the addictive stuff!

Katmom November 10, 2011 - 10:17 am

OMG!
Cute cup & saucer….
As for the Nutella, I nearly grew up on it… Nutella & Nussfit(same as Nutella) We would eat it on toast along side our (very strong)coffee. Gary loves it on taost with banana slices. fyi: also great for strawberries & apple dipping. Or, just straigh from the jar, a spoonful to get my instant chocolate jolt! lol!
p.s. I recently joined ‘pintrest’. Great minds think alike! lol!
hugz
>^..^<

Ann November 9, 2011 - 10:59 pm

This looks delicious! Stumble Upon ROCKS!

Nancy November 9, 2011 - 8:35 pm

This looks delicious and something I am looking forward to making now that the weather is cooler!!

Maris November 9, 2011 - 6:13 pm

This looks so warm and comforting. If I had Nutella I’d be making it now!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen November 9, 2011 - 11:15 am

Thanks for the shout out! Your coffee looks amazing!

PinkGranny November 9, 2011 - 9:12 am

I am a Nutella virgin…I guess it is time to put some in the pantry and give this a try. It sounds very yummy! I visited Miss’ blog…thanks for sharing!

Yummy Mummy November 9, 2011 - 8:04 am

This sounds absolutely heavenly!

diabeticFoodie November 9, 2011 - 7:39 am

I signed up for StumbleUpon and Pinterest and haven’t been back since. Now that I’ve sort of figured out triberr, I guess it’s time to figure out the others. Thanks for the reminder!

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray November 9, 2011 - 5:32 am

Sounds delish! Love both you and Miss 🙂

The Food Hunter November 9, 2011 - 4:54 am

Hubby and I make this often….so comforting. Glad you stumbled upon it

Baker Street November 9, 2011 - 12:39 am

Nutella and cinnamon! I’m in! Save me a cup, i’ll be right over!

Comments are closed.