A year ago I said “yes”. No, I didn’t get engaged, I agreed to co-found a spice company concept. My partner Pete had come up with the concept a couple years earlier and launched the idea with successful Kickstarter. Life and work got in his way and the whole thing was put on the back burner. I came on board and we’ve spent the past 12 months perfecting the brand and even changed the name from Savorx Spice & Flavor Co. to Spiceologist. It’s been a wild ride, but we are ready to take our brand nationwide now and have launched a new Kickstarter (above) to help raise money to fund growth. Some of the reasons we need the money:
- hire help. “The Pete & Heather Show”, as we call it, can only go on a little longer. We need HELP!
- buy a weighted drop fill machine. We currently hand fill every jar. Weighted drop fills allow you to have accuracy as well as speeds up processing times.
- buy an auger mixer. Have you ever tried to mix 50 lbs of spices and brown sugar with your hand? Ya, not so fun!
- continue to grow our brand. Money is needed to create catalogs and display units for our wholesale customers. Wanna play in the big sand box? You have to walk the walk.
- buying power for spices/jars/labels. In the world of creating a product to sell its all about the numbers. The more you buy, the cheaper it is. Every penny counts in continuing growth of the company as well as affording the occasional partner paychecks. (we like it when we get one of those).
I hope you’ll watch the video and help us out. Every little bit helps us get closer to our goals so if you’ve got $5 or $500 – either helps! Thanks for being amazing and continuing to support Farmgirl Gourmet while I’m off wearing my spicy hat.