I have been making this lasagna recipe forever! Ok, not forever, that would make me really really old. One way to tell when a recipe has been in your repertoire for quite some time….it’s located in the very back of the Main Course section of your handwritten cookbook.
If your family loves Mexican anything, they will gobble this right up! You can go crazy and make your own ricotta cheese and salsa or you can buy it pre-made and make your life a little easier. I suggest you try option #1. It doesn’t take that long to make either and the end result is deeeeelish.
To simplify this recipe I used Trader Joe’s No Boil Lasagna Noodles. You can find other brands in your local market that are no boil as well. The time and hassle savings are awesome. You can thank me later. Or send candy. Either will work.
The entire lasagna goes together pretty quick and bakes for 45 minutes. Serve it with a big salad and some tasty chips and the crowd will be cheering your name.
Note: our 14 year old house guest ate 2 large pieces. She’s a small little thing too. I might have to send her home with the recipe.
A easy recipe for lasagna that uses all of your favorite taco ingredients to make a fun dinner that the kids and adults will love.
- 8 ounces no-boil lasagna sheets
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 1/2 cups salsa (or 2 - 12 ounce jars of your fave)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese (or store bought)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, plus 1/2 cup for the top
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- Sour cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine the ricotta cheese and 2 cups of cheddar cheese and set aside.
- In a large skillet brown the beef. Add the onions and green pepper and cook until the vegetables begin to get soft. Add the corn, salsa and chili powder and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- In a 13x9 baking dish add 1/3 of the meat mixture. Top with 1/2 of the lasagna sheets. Spread half of the ricotta & cheddar mixture over the pasta. Top with 1/3 of the meat mixture and repeat ending with the meat mixture. Sprinkle with olives and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to rest 20 minutes before slicing.