This bowl of deliciousness comes from the new Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook. It’s super quick to make and the my Hubs and Son barely spoke a word at dinner tonight. That’s always a good sign that it’s a winner.
The fine folks at Lodge were sweet to send me a copy to review. They also sent along a cast iron skillet that is perfect for my morning eggs. I am in love with it. Well, I like it a lot.
The Lodge folks would like you to have your very own copy of their brand spankin new book too so they asked the Virtual Potluck Team
if we’d like to do a giveaway…to which we all said HECK YA. The book is filled with tons of great recipes and don’t fret…if you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can still enjoy every recipe in this book.
Check out all of the recipes created by the Virtual Potluck team by hitting up www.30AEats.com
Congrats to Darcy Panak!! Please email me your info at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can!
How to Win
Note: Giveaway runs from Wednesday April 4th through Sunday April 8th. Winner will be announced on April 9th. I will do everything in my power to contact the winner, but if there’s no email, facebook or twitter link in the comment, a new winner may need to be chosen.
Shrimp with Fresh Basil, Thai Style – Lodge Cookbook Review & Giveaway- Giveaway Ended!
Quick and easy one skillet meal.
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (such as Nam Pla)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Stir together the fish sauce, water, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Prep the remaining ingredients, so you can add them quickly when they are needed.
- Place a 10-12 inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until it becomes very hot, about 30 seconds.
- Add the oil and turn to coat the pan evenly. Add the shrimp in a single layer and leave them to cook on one side, undisturbed, until their edges turn bright pink. Toss well and turn all the shrimp cooked side up so the other side can cook, undisturbed, for 15 seconds.
- Add the onion and garlic and toss well. Cook 1 minute, tossing occasionally, until the onion softens and becomes fragrant and shiny; continue tossing so it wilts and softens but doesn't burn.
- Stir the fish sauce mixture to make sure the sugar is dissolved and pour it around the edges of the pan. Toss well to season the shrimp with the sauce, then let cook, undisturbed, just until the shrimp are cooked through and the sauce is bubbling.,
- Add the green onions, cilantro and chile and toss well. Add the basil to the pan and toss well. Cook 10 seconds and pour onto a serving platter deep enough to hold a little sauce. Serve Hot.
Recipe courtesy of www.farmgirlgourmet.com. Reprinting without permission is unethical.
Disclaimer: I was provide a copy of the cookbook and a cast iron frying pan for free and was not remunerated for a positive review or for writing this post. All opinions stated here and anywhere on Farmgirl Gourmet are that of my own and are priceless. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and shipped a copy of the cookbook from Lodge Manufacturing.