A delicious recipe for Mixed Berry Jam Scrolls with Orange Fondant Glaze. Just like cinnamon rolls on with a jam filling. Delish!
Do you ever get a hankering (I know, who says “hankering” anymore) for some warm cinnamon scrolls hot from the oven with oozing glaze on top but hate waiting for hours for the dough to rise? Ya, me too. Well this recipe is quick and easily adaptable to whatever you’ve got a hankering for. I know, I know, I can’t help myself.
Anyway, these bad boys are put together, rolled out, gussied up with jam and butter and are in the oven in less than 10 minutes with another 25 for baking and it’s on like Donkey Kong. I know, who says that. I really need to update my lingo.
To top them off a super quick orange fondant glaze. No need to whip out the juicer though, this glaze is made with crystallized True Orange from True Lemon. If you’ve never tried their product, well you’ve got a chance to win some here and if you don’t win, I highly recommend finding it at the store and giving it a shot. I am currently addicted to the True Grapefruit and add it to my water daily.
Mixed Berry Jam Scrolls with Orange Fondant Glaze
Quick cinnamon rolls kicked up with mixed berry jam and an orange fondant glaze
For Jam Scrolls:
- 2 1/3 cups self rising flour (or all-purpose flour with 2-3 teaspoons baking powder)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 stick butter, chilled plus 1/2 stick melted
- 2/3-3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar in the raw, aka Turbinado Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup mixed berry jam, or whatever flavor you'd like
Orange Fondant Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 packets True Orange (0.35 oz each)
- 1/8 cup warm milk
For Jam Scrolls:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the flour, salt and 1/2 stick cold butter and process until it resembles coarse meal. Slowly add the milk and pulse until the dough just comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead into a supple dough.
- Roll the dough ball out into a thin slab. Using a pastry brush, spread the melted butter over the dough. Sprinkle with the raw sugar, cinnamon, and jam. Roll slab lengthwise into a long rope.
- Cover a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the roll into equal small rolls and place them upright against each other on the sheet. They don't have to fit tightly. Bake the scrolls for approximately 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked on the inside.
For Fondant Glaze:
- Sift the powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Add the True Orange crystals and begin whisking and adding milk until the mixture is thick but pour-able. Drizzle large ribbons of glaze over the scrolls. Allow to set for 5 minutes before eating.
Recipe courtesy of www.farmgirlgourmet.com. Reprinting without permission is unethical.
Check out these other great breakfast recipes:
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by True Lemon, and as always my opinions are based on personal recipe testing (and tasting!) No monetary compensation was exchanged.