Quick cinnamon rolls kicked up with mixed berry jam and an orange fondant glaze
- 2 1/3 cups self rising flour (or all-purpose flour with 2-3 teaspoons baking powder)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 stick butter, chilled plus 1/2 stick melted
- 2/3-3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar in the raw, aka Turbinado Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup mixed berry jam, or whatever flavor you'd like
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 packets True Orange (0.35 oz each)
- 1/8 cup warm milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the flour, salt and 1/2 stick cold butter and process until it resembles coarse meal. Slowly add the milk and pulse until the dough just comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead into a supple dough.
- Roll the dough ball out into a thin slab. Using a pastry brush, spread the melted butter over the dough. Sprinkle with the raw sugar, cinnamon, and jam. Roll slab lengthwise into a long rope.
- Cover a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the roll into equal small rolls and place them upright against each other on the sheet. They don't have to fit tightly. Bake the scrolls for approximately 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked on the inside.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Add the True Orange crystals and begin whisking and adding milk until the mixture is thick but pour-able. Drizzle large ribbons of glaze over the scrolls. Allow to set for 5 minutes before eating.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by True Lemon, and as always my opinions are based on personal recipe testing (and tasting!) No monetary compensation was exchanged.