Are you ready for Super Bowl? It’s hard to believe that it’s almost here. If you’re looking for a crowd-pleaser, then you might want to add these sliders to your list. The oxtails braise for 3 hours in IPA beer and are so tender and juicy that they fall off the “tail”. Assembly is super quick to get them from Tail to Stomach in a hurry. You’ll want to, believe me.
Lewis Bear Beer Company was kind enough to send out a sample of some of their beers to help the Virtual Potluck group get geared up for the big day of tailgating. A little about Lewis Bear:
The Lewis Bear Company is a beverage distributorship founded in 1876 that holds the regional franchise for Anheuser-Busch. The company is headquartered in Pensacola and maintains offices in DeFuniak Springs and Panama City. The current president is Lewis Bear, Jr.
The crowd will scream “TOUCHDOWN” when you set out this tray of deliciousness on the big day.
One slider is pretty filling and the recipe makes enough for 8 single servings. Plan accordingly if you’re going to have a big crowd.
A couple of the beers that were supplied from Lewis Bear. All I say is “cheers”. Delish!
Spicy Beer Braised Oxtail Sliders with Broccoli Slaw
- 3 pounds oxtails, the meatier the better
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, rough diced
- 3 medium carrots, rough diced
- 4 celery ribs, rough diced
- 2 bottles IPA beer, any brand
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 large French baguette, cut into 3 inch sections, sliced in half and toasted
- 2 cups shaved broccoli stems
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/3-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (or other hot sauce)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and chili powder. Toss the oxtails to coat. Heat a large oven-proof pot with lid over high heat. Add the olive oil and sear the oxtails on all sides. Remove to a plate to rest. Add the onions, carrots and celery and saute for 5-8 minutes or until onions are tender. Pour in the beer and add chiles. Stir to combine. Add the oxtails back to the pot and top with fresh thyme. Add the lid and place in the preheated oven. Braise for 1 hour and turn the oxtails. Continue braising for 2 more hours. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Use 2 forks to shred the meat from the tail bone. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the shaved broccoli, carrots and cabbage and toss with the mayo, Sriracha and salt and pepper.
- Add about 1/4 cup of oxtail to the bottom baguette and top with 1/4 cup slaw, top with the baguette top and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining 7. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of www.farmgirlgourmet.com. Reprinting without permission is unethical.