Julie & Julia & Heather

I am soooooo late on seeing this movie.  How is it possible that I’ve waited 2 years to see it?  It’s not like I haven’t been told many times that I should.  I definitely have.  Well, tonight I managed to bore my kids to death watching it, while my husband kept giving me the “that’s you” look throughout and all along I was almost in tears while smiling ear to ear.
I have no intention of being Julie Powell, but I can relate to her passion for food and blogging.  And of course the love of Master the Art of French Cooking of which I have a copy from 1966 that I bought at the Goodwill for $4 (first published in 1961).  I covet this cookbook more than any other in my extensive collection.
This was an inspiring movie and it cements what I do here everyday.  There are moments when I feel like Julie and wonder if there’s anyone out there reading my words and other times when I don’t care because I just made something so amazing that I have to blog it even if it means that no one will ever see it.  It’s uncontrollable but in a wonderful way that has changed my life for the better.  I thank all of you who have been coming to my blog since the beginning and supporting me along the way and I thank all of you who have just found me and choose to come back to see what’s new.  I really appreciate it more than you know!  So here’s to all of you and this wonderful culinary adventure that I live daily.  To many more great meals!
Farmgirl Hugs,
Heather

Cherrill Terpstra
    March 4, 2011 at 12:08 am

Heather , You know how I’am on the P.C. not to adventuresome anyway I just found this site where I can comment on your blog I just think this is GREAT you are so talented .Love you honey , Best of luck in all you do.Mom

Farmgirl Gourmet
    February 22, 2011 at 9:16 am

Thank you everyone! I appreciate your kind words! Funny how a movie can feel so parallel to your own life. I appreciate you all for reading my little blog! Farmgirl hugs to each of you! And a special Sister Hug to Cyndy! Love ya girlie!

Heather

Cyndy
    February 21, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Heather, I just recently stumbled on this movie myself and I really enjoyed it.

I admire you for following your passion. It makes me hungry coming here and reading your blog, lol. Kudos to you!

Cyndy Schimke

Gabby@Foodchowdown
    February 21, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Heather – i just watched that movie a few months ago. I of course watched it after I started the foodblog. It def is inspiring. I too wonder if anyone is reading my blog. Sometimes you pour your heart out into a post and then no one responds or very few, then you think was it really that bad?

I just bought a cookbook today myself, i wanted an all purpose cookbook, it was so hard to find a perfect fit me… i ended up buying the joy of cooking (took me 30 minutes)… to only get mocked by mom by saying that its a very old one. I just said… well you gotta start somewhere, nothing wrong with a traditional cookbook no matter how old the recipes are.

Lynne
    February 21, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Heather,
    I’ve been been reading the Julie and Julia book and now want to watch the movie again. I loved watching it the first time!
    I started a blog 3 weeks ago and often wonder if anyone’s reading, too. So, you’re definitely not alone. I have 339 straight days of baking to go and wonder if I’ll be able to do it mentally.
    I will definitely be chiecking back in with you. Know that we are out here and are not only reading, but also enjoying!

Hank Hedland
    February 21, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Love it! Such a great movie! I have watched it SO many times! Get the DVD and watch it with the commentary, it’s even better!