By request! This recipe is one of my tried and true! It’s one of those recipes that once you make it, nothing else compares. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Prime Rib with Roasted Garlic & Horseradish Crust
30 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup prepared cream style horseradish
1/2 tsp coarse salt (kosher salt)
6 lb well-trimmed boneless Prime Rib Roast
1) preheat oven to 350.
2) toss garlic & olive oil in small baking dish; cover. bake until garlic begins to brown, about 35 minutes.
3) drain olive oil into food processor. cool 15 minutes.
4) peel garlic, place in food processor. add horseradish & salt, puree until smooth.
5) place rack on large rimmed baking sheet. sprinkle beef with salt & pepper. spread a thin layer of garlic paste on underside. place garlic side down and spread remaining mixture. cover & refrigerate at least 3 hours.
6) position rack in bottom 1/3 of oven, preheat to 350. uncover, roast until thermometer reads 125 for rare, about 1 hour 45 minutes. transfer to a warm platter and let stand 30 minutes. scrape pan juices into a small pan. warm juices and drizzle over the roast.